Skip navigation
WidmarkRob
Currently Being Moderated

Pen Tool & Paths…

Aug 17, 2012 12:07 AM

Tags: #paths #cs6 #pentool #anchorpoints

Hello Photoshopers,

There is this really nice Harley-Davidson (actually, what Harley-Davidson isn't nice?!)…

I've been using the pen tool for almost a month now… I'm actually getting pretty good with it now, mainly using it to make my selections more precise… I haven't even bothered to try to draw with it, yet…

Anyway, I was already kind of sleepy when I started to outline the chopper with the pen tool… I got pretty tired & saved what I have done into a PSD…

I'm regretting it now, but… At the time, I didn't care if I would be able to pick right up where I left off…

In Illustrator I know it would probably save my anchor points…

When I click on my Path palette, I can see some of my outline… But, the rest of it is filled in with white as a shape…

With all of that said, in Photoshop… Is there anyway I can pick up where I left off tracing the nice Harley-Davidson?

Or…

Do I have to start all over?

FYI

I already tried to use the Direct Path tool & Direct Selection Tool… My anchor points remain hidden.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to WidmarkRob

With the Pen Tool selected click the last point (if the Path is open) or command.click the Path to make it active and insert, remove or edit existing points.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 12:51 AM   in reply to WidmarkRob

Select the Path in the Paths Panel, then command click (or click with the Direct Selection Tool) the SubPathItem you want to edit.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:09 AM   in reply to WidmarkRob

Simply select the Path in the Paths Panel wherupon the subPathItems become visible.

Then select the individual subPathItem …

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:32 AM   in reply to WidmarkRob

editExistingPath.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:34 AM   in reply to WidmarkRob

And to continue with an open path element simply click the last (or first) point with the Pen Tool.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points