Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to add bookmarks to a PDF file with Adobe Reader for iOS?

Aug 16, 2012 10:45 PM

Tags: #bookmarks

In the App Store write-up on this app, it said that one could "Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file."  But I don't see how one can add such bookmarks.  Do they only mean that you can use bookmarks that were already in the document before you open it in Adobe Reader?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to musawwirs

Do they only mean that you can use bookmarks that were already in the document before you open it in Adobe Reader?

Yes. You can add bookmarks with Adobe Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to musawwirs

They mean you can use bookmarks in a PDF file already to navigate. You cannot add your own bookmarks in Adobe Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to musawwirs

As Steve and Bernd have responded, Reader currently supports bookmarks that were added by the document author. We have heard request for user-added bookmarks, and we are considering it for the future, but don't have a timeframe for when that will be available.

Dennis Griffin

Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to Dennis Griffin (Adobe)

Well, not being able to add bookmarks of my own makes this app pretty much worthless to me. The type of PDFs that I mostly read are manuals. Specifically machine manuals out on the floor and certification study books for the IFPS certifications that I am trying to acquire. Being able to find information that I need is a requirement. Guess it is back to Good Reader. Even without their full Bluetooth keyboard support being able to go to information quickly is a requirement.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points