Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PS don't "check-in" on my mac

Aug 17, 2012 2:35 AM

Tags: #photoshop #bridge #cq5.5 #adobedrive

Hi,

I'm using CQ5.5 DAM, and PS6 Extended.

For any reason, on a Mac running Lion, I can't check in files opened with Bridge and stored in CQ-DAM mounted with Adobe Drive 4...

It works well with Illustrator, but for Photoshop I have to manually Check-out/in files in Bridge.

On a PC it works...Is it only a Mac issue ?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 5:54 AM   in reply to jmlg12

I've forwarded your question to the Adobe Drive forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 7:57 PM   in reply to jmlg12

Hi,

The behavior is not expected, we have done many testing work for PS with Adobe Drive 4 on Mac 10.7.

To figure out what happened on your machine, could you help do the following steps?

1) Summarize the OS version and PS build you installed

2) Attach the ServiceManager log under /<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AD4ServiceManager/logs

3) open a shell terminal, and export AdobeDriveLogLevel=DEBUG, then launch PS using the command line: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS6, then attach the log unser  /<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Drive 4/logs

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 2:21 AM   in reply to jmlg12

Ok, I mean , please collect the log files just mentioned and post them here, thanks

Meanwhile, from the system information, you are running PS on a non-English platform, what's the system language?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 3:05 AM   in reply to jmlg12

Ok, I think it is unnecessary to run Lion in French.

Could you please collect the log files just I mentioned, zip them and post here?

Meanwhile, in PS, what file status did you get? "unmanaged files", "new file" or "checked-out by me"?

I think this problem has nothing to do with running the CQ 5.5 instance locally, it's not a problem

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to jmlg12

ok, please send the zip file to me by mail to this addrees (gzheng@adobe.com).

Meanwhile, could you help re-try the scenario on you machine, this time, please open /Application/Utilities/Console.app before you are ready to check in files in PS, after check-in menu is clicked,  make sure "All Messages" in the left pane in Console is selected, and choose File/Save a Copy As from the main menu of Console application, please also send me this copy file to me by mail

Thanks

Gang

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points