Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

extensions stopped working

Aug 17, 2012 4:26 AM

I have been using Kaosweavers pop up behavior for years, inlcuding in CS6 but now CS6 refuses to show any behaviors. As far as I know I have not changed anything other tahn apply the last update and when I open the extension manager it sees the pop up behavior and says it is installed. What happened?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

What do you mean "refuses to show any behaviors"?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

They have a support page where you can email your issue:

http://kaosweaver.com/support

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 5:26 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

You have to have a page element selected to which the given extension can be applied before that extension name will be enabled in the Behaviors panel.  Are you sure you have done that?  If you see the name in the Behaviors panel, even though it's not enabled, then DW recognizes that the extension is installed and is likely functional.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 5:50 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

Sorry - I don't know what the problem might be then.  Is this by chance a template child page?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 6:20 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

Did you use a DW template to create this page?  Can you show us the code on the page?

What happens if you create a new, blank HTML page (FILE | New... > Blank HTML), drop an image on it and select that image.  Can you now apply the behavior?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

The blank HTML approach is the best thing to try first.  If you can make the extension work on the fresh page containing only an image, then you know it must be something about your other page.  Then we can look at the code.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points