Skip navigation
flashdan
Currently Being Moderated

DW CS6 403 Forbidden

Aug 17, 2012 5:11 AM

I have just used DW6 for the first time to simply upload a new html file and found that when I go to view it in the browser I get a 403 Fobidden error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /roti.html on this server.

There is nothing odd about the file. I created another file which simply had the word "test" in it and uploaded it as test.html and got the same result. I checked the forum and found somehting about hidden access files but there aren't any.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 5:23 AM   in reply to flashdan

This usually happens when you don't have the correct permissions set on the file or the folder.

Do you know what permissions it has set?

I don't use DW for uploading but I believe it has a 'passive upload mode'. Do you have that check box selected?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to flashdan

flashdan wrote:

The FTP settings for the site are not set to 'passive'.

It should be set to passive. Although in my opinion youre much better off using a stand alone ftp client. I've never personally been a great fan of the inbuilt one but I believe it has been upgraded a few times since I used it about 8 years ago...so it may be better now.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to osgood_

It should be set to passive.

That's not necessarily a good general recommendation. If you are having Firewall problems, then passive FTP is surely the way to go.

And by the way, the DW FTP is all I have ever used....

Notwithstanding those comments, I'm not at all convinced that this has anything to do with user-adjustable FTP parameters.  The fact that uploading the file with a 3rd party FTP application suggests that it's definitely something to do with DW, however.  If I had this experience, I'd just use the 3rd party FTP application.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points