Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Flash builder 4.6 for php ?

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I found flash builder 4.5 for php and flash builder 4.6, where is flash builder 4.6 for php ?

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Alison Huselid, Adobe Flex and Flash Builder Product Marketing Manager, posted this in another forum...

Like Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, our releases will be staggered and our plan is to release Flash Builder 4.6 for PHP in Q1’12.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering the same too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was asking around at Adobe and got several different answers... no real date, however one of the guys told me straigh out it will be in May 2012... Errr!!!!

So I just took the free 4.6 Premium upgrade and will stick to 4.5 w/PHP on my alt workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2012 ??? Could someone form adobe give us an official announce ? May is not an option, we have 60 days free licence for 4.6, so Php version have to be available before end of January !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Devomatic-

I got the same info from Adobe help on chat.

My 4.5 w/Zend has never worked at all... Nothing, wont even install

correctly and so I was hoping to see it working the 4.6 that rolled out

last week. The Adobe rep said May for the 4.6 w/PHP.

Adobe's misinformation is plowing full steam ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I would not have bought the PHP version had I known that "staggererd out" meant a 6 month delay.  Hopefully that will not be the case.  I have only read first quarter, which if early January, would mean a 4-6 week delay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i pulled the $hit off at work i would be fired on the spot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2012 Jan 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told in the beta it would be January not Q1...this is Very Frustrating.

Not as much as the long-term vision though.

Adobe has 2 classes of software users, some are both, Digital Publishers and Developers.

I think they are digressing to their roots as Digital Publishers and leaving Developers holding the bag.

Danny Winokur really did some damage.

Edge is great, but that's just more money...now will FB 4.6 for PHP include the latest version of Zend Studio since that is what we purchased it for?  There's already a Zend PHP plug-in for Eclipse.

I think the FB 4.6 for PHP team needs to get really into the Eclipse WTP and hand select the best Plugins that are for the Adobe kind of developer. Bundle the AWS Plugin or put it in the Readme.txt Notes.

The 4.6 for PHP version I think has the capability to really separate the Digital Publisher from the Developer commitment by Adobe.

There's too little Flash Builder or FLEX jobs out there and too many Java EE with Spring 3 MVC and HTML5...can Adobe eventually make an Edge div type Plugin and a PhoneGap Packager Plugin.

Adobe + Eclipse has the ability to put Adobe's brand name on an IDE that serves so many purposes from Agile SCRUM Plugins to familiar things such as JSP calling Swing or Spring 3 with MVC...try to get Tomcat or JBoss involved.

There's so much potential, but if Adobe doesn't really carry the Developer community, all that FutureWave and Macromedia stood for is for not, and all that Adobe has added is for not because most Jobs now require many different skills, including things like AIR 3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alison Huselid, Adobe Flex and Flash Builder Product Marketing Manager, posted this in another forum...

Like Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, our releases will be staggered and our plan is to release Flash Builder 4.6 for PHP in Q1’12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version 4.6 for PHP is really good.......Thanks for sharing ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering is flash builder 4.6 for php same as flash builder 4.6 premium ?

Or do we need to be patient and wait some more ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FB 4.6 for PHP is Premium.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any News on this? Just bought an Upgrade for 4.5 for PHP Premium and wondered why it is only 4.5. May is over since two weeks. So its about time Adobe, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of the 4.6  for php which I downloaded from the adobe downloads page a few weeks a go but now the dwonload link has disappeared! What's going on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought fb 4.5 php two weeks ago and wondered where the 4.6 is. I called the sales hotline in Germany, they said its not likely that there will be an update for 4.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's going on. I have both windows and mac versions of 4.6 for php.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave neither and paid for it and qualifies for 4.6, now Adobe hint

respond to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious answer is Adobe failed to meet their first quarter deadline this year.  Why that is, is anyone's guess if they even plan on still making good on this for that matter.

Workarounds?  Of course:

• If you own Flash Builder for PHP, the simplest answer is to download the Flex 4.6 framework and set that to your default as opposed to 4.5.  But what about the auto generated code that is only available in design view?  If you're using auto generated code or are that concerned about design view, perhaps you should stick to designing until you're more proficient at programming and let the programmers handle the programming.
  • Of course the other alternative and "better" alternative for some people would simply be to install Zend Studio, and then install Flash Builder as an eclipse plugin that you can load into Zend Studio (something I myself did before Flash Builder for PHP was even on the market).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kremisoki

You totally missed the point...

We paid for the full product and the upgradewas to be included on the next

release, which was NOT delivered as promised, end of subject!!!

For us, this has nothing to do with programming and is more of the ongoing

BS from Adobe.

KM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed nothing.  I clearly expressed that I understood your point in the first two sentences I posted.  I then provided workarounds for you to be helpful.  You then decided to be obnoxious and rude as if Adobe's failure is somehow my fault when I was only trying to be helpful.  End of subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more dissapointed user here! My company also bought FB for PHP 4.5 last year, and we never got an update.

According to this guy the FB for PHP version 4.6 once existed online: http://jaspreetchahal.org/flashbuilder-4-6-for-php-released/

But it doesn't anymore. I tried to use "ordinary" Flash Builder 4.6 (and forget Zend Studio), but guess what: because I had setup my project to have client (Flex) and server-side (PHP) on different machines, it doesn't allow to autogenerate proxy classes fro AMF-ing with PHP if those classes are on another server. So, I uninstalled the 4.6 and installed 4.5 for PHP again. Seems we are doomed to use the old version of FB and never get an update.

Very illogical and non-transparent moves from ADBE. I think the logic was something like: we haven't sold so much copies of FB for PHP, so we will buy some time and constantly move the release date for FBPHP 4.6 - eventually users will be out of their subscriptions, we will never ship it, and nobody will ever ask.

Perhaps their Zend business is also over, but they don't tell it publically?

Seems ADBE is getting rid of all the programming/IDE businesses. IMHO: if there could get a time machine - whey would use it to change the past and never acquire Macromedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe ist the only company I konw which reverses its own innovations for years.

Never trust Adobe. This could break your business.

History:

- reduction of external interface made thousends of web-apps useless (file uploades etc.)

- no update for FB for PHP in spite of announcements.

- canceling of design view in FB makes FB nearly useless, unless you like to do skinning etc. on the good old way like in the early Flash 8 - times with AS3.

- AE is now more a 3party product then from Adobe because they missed a bunch of innovations over years.

- documentations for products are going more and more useless.

- Adobe forces its cloudsourcing by hiding inforamtions from non-members. Therefor the Edge-Projects will fail.

...and so on...

There must be something wrong with the complete management...

...time to choose another software vendor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot:

- canceling of data centric featrues, leaving ten thousends of RIA-developers alone with there outdated tools and products.. Adobe never realised the big chance having a living mobile-server bridge based on FB reaching a ton of web software and web data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancelling data centric features?  What the heck are you talking about?  All of the data centric features are still available and it seems to me that a lot of the compaints on here are from people who want to use development settings in production.  I'm wondering if half the people on here are actually AS3 and PHP programmers or just want Flash Builder to do everything for them.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines