Skip navigation
swigglerz
Currently Being Moderated

match frame in multi clips

Aug 8, 2012 1:16 PM

Tags: #frame #pro #premiere #cs6 #match #multiclip

hey there,

just finished a multiclip sequence in PP CS6 so next on my list would be going from the multiclip to an "online" timeline, meaning:

- matchframe each clip and paste the original above the multiclip-bits so i can export a nice .xml to proceed to color correction.

but each time i try to match back to the original frame PP just puts me back on the angle in my multiclip i had selected earlier.

any idea what i am doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 3:31 PM   in reply to swigglerz

What's a multiclip?  Do you mean multicam, with several different camera angles?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to swigglerz

I get it.

CTRL+SHIFT+F to get to the same frame in the original sequence, then F again to load that clip into the Source Monitor.  (Be sure only the proper track is targeted.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to swigglerz

Now I'm confused again.

What do you mean "it just matches the frame, not the clip (including in/out)"

When you hit F in the original sequence, it brings up that clip in the Source Monitor, with In/Outs marked and the CTI on that same frame.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to swigglerz
    so if there's any shorter way

Nope.  That's pretty much the only way.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to swigglerz

I've never needed to do this myself, but feature requests can be made below:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to swigglerz

In FCP it should only take a few seconds because you just select, right-click, and choose "collapse multiclips."  Beauty is that its just as easy to un-collapse if you need to re-edit.

If Premiere delt with multi-cam better I could un-install that antique software completely....

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:40 AM   in reply to swigglerz

I'm also writing a feature request for this, but in the meantime, your process isn't working for me.

Ctrl-Shift-F does nothing.  Neither does Cmd-Shift-F.

In the nested sequence, when I hit F, it opens the frame in the multicam sequence in the source viewer.  Hitting F again does nothing.  So how do I get to the original clip?  I'm using Premiere 6.0.2 on a mac.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points