Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Poor import options for 3D models

Aug 17, 2012 5:42 PM

Why is it that Photoshop doesnt import 3D models for popular software like Cinema 4D (C4D) while the

U3D extension of that weird and unpopular unprofessional heavily copied but little used Ulead cool 3D is in the list?

I think it would be much more important to be able to import C4D files.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to Eireannsg1

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to Eireannsg1

Well, if you really must have an explanation: There's an infinite number of 3D programs, CAD tools, rapid prototyping and design apps, interior decorating/ architectural/ garden and landscape planning and whatnot and most of them use proprietary formats. If Adobe wnated to support them all, it would take them a lifetime. That's what conversion tools are for. If you get my meaning: If you stasrt supporting C4D, MAX and Maya users will be the next ones to scream. It's an endless cycle. PS supports OBJ, Collada and 3DS which most apps provide export options for, which is usually good enough. If one they they support Alembic and a few other formats that's certainly okay, but I wouldn't go crazy over it. I agree, though, on U3D - it's useless. Nobody out there ever uses it.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points