Skip navigation
AUNEST
Currently Being Moderated

How do I customise the product search results page

Aug 17, 2012 12:37 AM

Tags: #ecommerce #search_module

I've added the product search to my home page and have pointed to a results page. I basically used the product search but removed all the filters/fields except for keyword.

All my products pop up fine on the results page, but the flow one after the other (so 1 row wide). I'd like it to flow like my normal products gallery - 4 rows across by however many high. Is there a place where I can customise this and make the results/products float/flow correctly?

Also I need to update the look of the search box on the home page, but can't find in the system where I would amend the CSS to change this.

Help is much appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to AUNEST

Hi,

You should be able to adjust the module_productresults tag for the amount you want to appear.

- http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/652/bc_652.html

To locate the styling for the form look for the productform div and you can see what CSS is controlling this.  You can use firebug extension to help locate various CSS elements/attributes. 

2012-08-17_1057.png

Firebug: http://getfirebug.com/

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 17, 2012 3:46 PM   in reply to AUNEST

If you provide a link us thats are not adobe can help you out. Like Sydney said if you use firebug for example you can easily identify what an elements css is, chane it to be what your expecting and then you apply those changes to your css.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,694 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    Aug 17, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to AUNEST

You still need help with the menu as well? This the site with the menu problems too?

One problem is your grid code on the html, specifically the div wrapping the search results is on the grid 9 when the full width should be grid 12. That will give you a wider width to play with.

Because those td items have class of productitem you have margin etc on those which do not fit into the width, if you note through firebug and remove the margin it all fits in.

I take it your using that for the product layouts too so the div wrapping the search results, give that an ID of something like "search-results" and target that to do some overides.

Hope that helps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points