Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I copy an image in LR to the clipboard?

Aug 8, 2012 6:24 PM

I can't find the option to copy an image from LR's library to the clipboard - I'm sure I'm just overlooking it - can someone help?

Thanks!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 8, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to StevesScreenName

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 1:05 AM   in reply to StevesScreenName

The only way to use an image outside LR is to Export it.

The changes you make to your image are in a database file and are only applied upon export.

LR does not change your original image.

So a simple Copy/Paste  into another program is not possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to StevesScreenName

i never had the wish to render to clipboard.

but i guess that´s workflow dependend.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to StevesScreenName

In my opinion, it is better to insert properly saved and compressed images "from file" into Word, rather than pasting them ad-hoc "from clipboard". The more formal method takes control over the image compression and format, and thus keeps a lid on the potential image bloat of the document. With copy-paste anything may happen; and often does.

So if you are inserting (or linking) a file, Lightroom is efficient at making the exact type of file that will be most suitable.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 10:40 PM   in reply to StevesScreenName

But quality is a real point here.

So you should request a slightly different feature: drag an image thumbnail from LR to Word, which in the background executes the commands

1. Render file as somewhere specified (e.g. In a dedicated export preset for application transfer).

2. Insert the resulting file into Word

3. Ditch the file use for transmission.

4. Update history of the file with this export. - maybe yiu would not be interested in this last point, but it would fit LR logic.

The correct place to request features and let oters vote on them is another forum

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 12:21 AM   in reply to StevesScreenName

If all you want is a quick low-res image, then a screen scrape is going to be fine.  If you want to copy anything other than that via the clipboard then what colour space?  Resolution?  Sharpening? Format (jpeg, tiff etc)? Quality? 

I guess they could add something to LR so that when you want to copy to the clipboard, it brings up the export dialog so you can make those choices. 

Why don't you suggest it at http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/lightroom_feature_requests

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points