• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Flash Player Default Program for .flv Files

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use Adobe Flash Player as my default program to open .flv files.  How do I find the flash player executable file on my computer?  I have the latest flash player successfully installed on my computer (Win7, 64-bit, Firefox) but cannot locate the executable file when I use the find program to use with this file type browse command.  Any ideas on where it may be located?  I did not see it in any of the Adobe folders in the program files (x86) folder.  Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not an executable player.

There is a standalone player (Projector) that you can download from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html, but this player can only play .swf files.

There used to be an Adobe Media Player to play .flv files, but is is no longer available.  Use a 3rd-party player like VLC Media Player to play .flv files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Pat.  I did not realize this, so no wonder I have been scratching my head.  I appreciate your suggestions, too.  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines