P-w1se
Currently Being Moderated

Won't print from an online generated PDF

Aug 17, 2012 12:36 AM

Tags: #problem #adobe #windows #reader #printing #printing_problems

Pre info:
Acrobat reader: 10.1.4

Vista 32bit.

At my company we are using a website controlled by a postalervice to print forms that we fill out which are then created into a PDF
A week ago, we had a local printer set as standard.
What you do is you go onto this website, type in a lot of information and hit 'print' then it generates a PDF from your input, which it opens
for just a few seconds, and then prints on your standard set printer.

At least thats what it used to do. A few days ago I added a network printer as standard, as we are trying to remove all those local printers.
It works fine, when I try to print something online or a word document it comes right out in the new printer..

All except when I try to use this site to print PDF. It still opens the autogenerated PDF and says "Printing too 'correctName'"

But nothing is ever added into the printqueue..
I called the support on the website, they said all that needed to be done was make sure that their site was a 'trusted' site.
I did that, added the site as trusted and made sure I'm using a windows account with Admin rights. It now even says when I browse it
that this is a trusted website and all protection is turned off.

Now Funny info:. When the autogenerated PDF opens, if I'm fast and hit the 'print' sign in Acrobat reader, it will actually print.
But I only have a window of 1-2 seconds before it closes and supposedly makes sure to print itself

So can anyone help me, .. Cause I have no idea what the problem is.. I don't understand why it worked on a local printer and not a network printer.. and I don't understand that I can hit 'print' on the autogenerated PDF document and then it works.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to P-w1se

This sounds remarkably like the Adobe Reader v10.1.2 issue when printing to network printers, apparently resolved with v10.1.3.

See http://forums.adobe.com/message/4146294

In particular, note post #11 from SgtSideburns:  "Maybe 10.1.3 will fix the issues, but 10.1.4 will probably break them again."

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points