Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot open Elements with "Edit In" on Lightroom

Aug 18, 2012 10:10 AM

I am unable to open PSE 10 when I select "Edit In" with Lightroom 4.

I have changed Preferences to PSE Editor. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PSE. I am using a MAC. Can someone please help me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to BabeReynolds73

The usual problem is that in Lightroom, under Edit->Preferences->External Editor, you need to have the application field point to <fullpathname>\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe and not any other file, where <fullpathname> is the full path name containing PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to BabeReynolds73

When you go to Edit->Preferences->External Editor, look for this part of the dialog box

Clipboard01.gif

Click on choose, then find PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe in your file system, and click OK

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to BabeReynolds73

When you click on Choose, you have to navigate to the folder that contains PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe.

Clipboard01.gif

On your computer, it is most likely in a different folder than mine, so I can't tell you exactly where to look, it is most likely somewhere in C:\Program Files\Adobe (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe). On your computer, depending on what options you have selected, the .exe may not appear.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 6:43 AM   in reply to BabeReynolds73

First you have to blank in the folderoptions  in the Windows configuration the setting for hide known extensions, the fifth from above in files and foldersFolder-options.JPGUnfortunetaly it's a Dutch version so you will understand why my English isn't that good. After doing this you will be able to see the .exe extension.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to BabeReynolds73

BabeReynolds73 wrote:

I have done all those steps you mention prior to this post. The only difference is that my file does not have a .exe attached to it.  It just says Photoshop Elements Editor.

I said specifically that the .exe might not appear if you have certain options set in Windows. If you have found PhotoshopElementsEditor, that is probably the file you should select.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points