Skip navigation
jsherlock21
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver 5.5 will not start after system restore help?

Aug 18, 2012 12:02 PM

I have a purchased copy of the software.  I installed it late last year.  I restored my system back to a backup of July 15.  Note an update to Dreamweaver  was done using the site suggestion.  Now it will not launch..  HELP.  Photoshop Elements launches not problem,  I lost my Photoshop CS6 installed earlier in the week. 

I downloaded Support Advisor and it says I have no issues but nothing happens when I try to launch the application.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 18, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to jsherlock21

You cannot restore Adobe apps from backups. They must be properly reinstalled. Download the installers from the Adobe site directly or using this method:

Direct Download Links for Adobe Software

After that, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and then reinstall everything. Call support to reset activations, if you've busted them in the process.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2012 2:21 PM   in reply to jsherlock21

Please try the steps offered by Mylenium.  The link to Dreamweaver CS5.5 is on the page he listed if you scroll the page down.  Alternately I have copied the link for you.  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html.  You will need to follow the directions proceeding the links exactly if you wish to download the software.  If you receive the message Access Denied then please try the steps listed again.

Also I would assume your system got compromised in some fashion for you to utilize the system restore feature.  Please keep in mind that this feature does not guarantee you computer will now function properly.  You may want to consider backing up your documents and settings, formatting and reinstalling Windows, restoring your documents and settings, and then reinstalling your Applications.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to jsherlock21

You should be able to locate the source of your difficulties by reviewing the installation logs.  You can find complete directions on how to accomplish this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.  The key step is searching for Error and Fatal.  Most often the text near Error will contain the error code which is causing the installation to fail.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points