I added a new tag to a large batch of photos which then needed to be re-upoaded. It was taking a very long time and about halfway through, I got an error. I started the Publish funtion again and all was fine, but then again with a handful of photos left, I got the error. This time the Publish function didn't move anything and I just got the error. Even after removing the new tag from the remaining photos, I am unable to use the plugin to upload any new photos to my flickr account. I use the flickr library within LR as part of my organization strategy and really don't want to use any other uploader. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this problem.
The error message in question: Flickr API returned an error message (function flickr.photos.setMeta, message Bad URL found)
I doubt this is the error you are seeing, but even if not, you may wish to be aware of it, given you are doing extensive re-publishing.
LR4.1 introduced a bug in the "out of the box" Flickr publisher which will incorrectly report that it cannot connect to Flickr and suggests you check your internet connection - other error messages have also been seen.
The error I refer to has been seen by many, and is predominantly caused by the content of the caption field in the meta data for one of your to be published photos containing a CR or LFd, newline or blank line within the caption! I have many photo's waiting to be republished (for various reasons incliding the curves bug fix) and I cannot republish them because of this new fault.
Sorry to just add noise if this is not your problem, but as said ... it is useful to be aware of it.
Thanks for sharing that, Alan. I've actually had trouble with the flickr plugin before, but this is a new error.
Fortunately, I've resolved it... I ran disk permissions repair on my Mac and that seems to have righted whatever ugliness was in the mechanics, as it worked again immediately after I did that. Either that or magical elves danced upon my desktop while I wasn't looking.
Europe, Middle East and Africa