Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

So, WHEN are we Android users, having LAYERS in Adobe Ideas ?

Aug 18, 2012 1:11 PM

Tags: #android

We are tired of waiting for this, it's over 6 months already!  You did an upgrade for android by June, and nothing at all about the layers. Not even a  Color Picker for us ?!?!?

Why is that so hard to copy paste the code ?!  If you're so lazy to do this, please give ME the damm IOS source code, and I myself will code that crap for you, and give it back to you for publishing. But please Adobe, DO SOMETHING !!!

This lack of layers is unaceptable !!  Can you imagine photoshop without layers ?? This is the same nonsense !!  And for that, a tiny little program for mobile device, which requires much less code and resources than a desktop applications that you already masters on doing??

Come on Adobe !! GIVE ANDROID USERS SOME LOVE !!

The entire android comunity of designers will happilly pay for it in a second !! But only if you make it USABLE !!

Thanks !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2012 5:12 AM   in reply to yammyone

Yammyone, I agree with you. I want more than layers, I want direct feature parity with the IOS versions. For Adobe to not release any significant feature updates for the Android version of Ideas and no word on whether these features are even being worked on is terrible customer service and makes me regret giving them my $10 in the first place for an app that is most definitely not worth it.

That said, it's not a matter of copy and pasting. IOS uses Objective C for its applications while Android uses a modified form of Javascript. Because these are two different languages with two different dependencies, copying and pasting wouldn't work. Of course, given that Adobe is a rather large corporation, that shouldn't matter in the slightest.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to yammyone

I haven't been able to take a look at the two languages to get a grasp of the difference but no, it really isn't that hard especially when there are other applications that have that option (Sketchbook Pro, Infinite Design).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to yammyone

I am starting to beleive that the Android apps are dead, and were mostly designed to be a test to see what features they needed for iOS, and they only plan on doing iOS now, Proto which was release months after the android version has already received an upgrade with many really nice features.

Makes me wonder how much faith they have in their own cross platform development tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to yammyone

I feel insulted to not have even one measly layer to use on my Galaxy Note 10.1. Not only that, but I can't import an .ideas file type into PS Touch in order to use its layers. And PST doesn't play nice with other local or cloud folders, so can't use a different vector app like Quill and import its pdf file. Adobe is giving the big middle fingers to the rather large Android community. Do they *want* to fail? Why is this so hard, and why no communication?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to Jorjxmckie

I think that the big issue that Adobe is missing, and has been missing for some time, is their quality should not be based on the quantity of people who are adopting their software. I have been using Adobe products (Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc) since 1997. There has been a steady decline in the quality of their products across the board. This issue with Adobe Ideas is particularly revealing, as they have said in other threads that they would "add features based on the demand of their users". This is a very sloppy and self righteous business model. I am a professional digital artist and I put the same amount of quality and craftsmanship into the work that I do, whether one person is going to see it, or 100,000 people are going to see it, because its a reflection of me. Its about pride in what you do, and Adobe, sadly, seems to have lost their pride, and instead use their numbers as the bar they set for how much effort and quality to put into a product.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to yammyone

I would also like to complain about this poor show from Adobe!

How long do we have to wait??

I'm sure a lot more people would be using this if it had layers just like the Apple version.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to yammyone

I bought this app for android yesterday and now I am very upset and frustrated. ADOBE doesnt have any respect with the consumers. The lack of reply from them is a sign that they dont give a ****. I tried to uninstall and take may money back but unfortunatelly it was not possible. I think that the best solution is to avoid buying ADOBE products and APPS.

ADOBE, your app for android is a shame!!!

Thank you. ADOBE never more!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to caedmais76

I feel sorry for any Android user that pays good money for this app!

Even if you do use it - there's not much you can do with your images after as there is no save to png or svg function!

I also think we should be able to get a full refund.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to maxiumIII

Indeed MaxiumIII, refund now for us all!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 1:18 AM   in reply to yammyone

I brought this app yesterday too. And I can see the potential in it, it could be a really great app. Although I'm somewhat miffed that the android and the ipad versions cost the same yet, android users have very little funtionality. To make it worth while it at least needs the layers functions - thats a big issue, as the OP said, but I also think the ability to have a pen tool like Illustrator and a portrait function, would make it worth the money.

As it stands that app just doesn't work like the ipad one and therefore should not be the same price, at least 1/2 the price if not less would be more reasonable.

I am however going to hold on to the app, in the vain hope that adobe will release an update to bring the two versions in line with each other. Although by what I've read about it I may be waiting for quite some time. We android users are a very very large group and should not be treated as infearior users to those of the ipad!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to lafenne

Did you see that the Queen of England just got the mighty Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1? If Android is good enough for the Queen, you'd think it might be worth the time of those fine, fine folks at Adobe.:-p

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 6:33 AM   in reply to lafenne

Android sales numbers huge according to today's tech news. Are you paying attention Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 6:41 AM   in reply to Jorjxmckie

I am sure they have been, and realized that they made some bad assumptions which might have made them need to start from scratch for it. The 10 inch tablets are not what is popular, the best sellling android tablet is a kindle fire.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to Slynch1234

I returned my Android and got the new iPad 4. Say what you want about Apple, but no one can compete with the support and quality of apps on their app store. My Galaxy Note 10.1 was my first step into Android territory, and I wont be returning. (loving all of my layers colors updates and pressure sensitivity from my Pogo Connect stylus in Adobe Ideas on my iPad)

Good bye Android.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 6:26 PM   in reply to rryanhayes79

Not that this helps anyone. That said, I'm happier using Infinite Design.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to rryanhayes79

How does the Pogo Connect (Blue Tiger, right?) compare to the S Pen?I  sold my iPad3 with a Jot Touch BlueTooth stylus for the Note 10.--I find the Android better in almost every way except for lacking certain apps like Procreate or layered Ideas. But what I do have (SBP & TV Animation) is just as good, and the S Pen on my Note is near perfect... its calibration is dead acurate.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to rryanhayes79

I did the same!!

I've sold my galaxy note and returned to my lovely iPad 2, because IOS devices made for artist!

I love the new Adobe Ideas update, and the good thing I can use the app on my iPhone and iPad.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to Jorjxmckie

Absolutely nothing compares to the precision and sensitivity of Wacom technology. That being said, the Pogo Connect does a pretty damn good job. I have been really impressed with it. I think the only draw back I have found is palm rejection (which I get around by using a magic glove) but I wasnt too impressed with the palm rejection on the Galaxy either, so its not too much of a deal breaker.

The Adobe Ideas new app update with multiple brushes, new fill bucket, and new layer options has just made that app EVEN MORE incredible to use. I am really happy with my decision.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to yammyone

Are you there Adobe? Do you read your forums? Our Android update is being released........this year? Next year? ..........NEVER? ........................Helloooooo is there anyone out there? ................. Do you have any customer service anymore?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to yammyone

I always thought Adobe tended to the among the top of programs to use for artists. I just feel very disappointed at how lackluster their apps are for tablet, particularly non-iOS, which are the ones that support actual pressure sensitivity! Why are they not at the front helping to support a new artistic tool? Why are these programs not even a shadow of their actual PC programs?

It is just frusterating to feel like the devices that are best suited to the task are more ignored. Do we all have to move to iOS to try to do what we really want to do?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points