Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

add fields so clients can sign electronically and send back

Aug 19, 2012 7:11 AM

Tags: #signature #fields #signatures #electronic

I've read a bunch of discussions about how to add fields to forms but none of them answered all my questions.

What I'd like to do is add a signature and text field (for date) to a PDF so that my clients can send them back signed electronically. I do not want to use EchoSign.

I have Acrobat Pro v9.5.2. I added a signature field and text field per http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/acrobat/pdf/A9-creating-ac cessible-pdf-forms.pdf. I read on an Adobe forum that I was supposed to go to Save as > Reader Extended to allow the user to sign the document and send back to me signed. However, all I have as save options are Save or Save As. There's no Save As > Reader Extended option and when I choose Save As the "Save as type" does not include Reader Extended either.

Please post step by step instructions for how to do this (add 2 fields, save doc, send to client, have them sign and fill in fields and send back to me completed). Surely we can do this with 9 yes?

Thanks so much in advance!

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Aug 19, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to quality11

It's different in Acrobat 9: Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Aug 19, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to quality11

You have to leave form editing mode first.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Aug 19, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to quality11

After you add the fields in form editing mode, close out of form editing mode and then select the "Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader" menu item.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to quality11

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Aug 19, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to quality11

That's correct. They will want to use the last option. I'm not going to provide detailed instructions, in part because I don't have time, but mostly it's important for you to go through the process of creating a digital ID and using it to apply a signature. Once you understand what's involved, you can create the instructions yourself.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points