Skip navigation
NCSA Designer
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to go back?

Aug 18, 2012 6:35 PM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #error #indesign

I'm an experinced user of Adobe products.  Not professional in any way, but have set up a number of newsletters for others as well as many forms, business product, etc.  I used to work for a couple of local printers and learned on the job.  I have never had a problem with versions or platforms (working on both Mac and PC) with the exception of the change from CS2 to CS5 here at home.  Not really a big problem for me. Now,  I create a school newsletter and the school just purchased the Creative Suite for my office computer, the latest and greatest.  I own CS5, the school owns CS5.5.  You can probably guess the problem I'm having. I cannot open the CS5.5 file on my CS5 program at home.

I just don't have the money to upgrade at this time.  The problem for me is that I store the file on a thumb drive and transport it back and forth from Home to Work.  If I forget to export, I can't do any work at home and get behind.

Is there an aftermarket fix?  Can I go back a version at work? How about a script that does it automatically when I save?  Looking for any suggestions.  I just hate to rely on my mind to remember everytime, esp. when I have to save often in a busy office environment.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to NCSA Designer

Export to .idml from CS5.5 or later is the ONLY way.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to NCSA Designer

Links should always be up to date before exporting, but not showing at all sounds like more than that. Are the visible in ID in Preview mode?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to NCSA Designer

Your best upgrade option is probably Creative Cloud. You have 11 days left to take advantage of intro pricing of only $29.99/month for the first year

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points