Skip navigation

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Aug 2, 2012 2:13 PM

Tags: #revert #problem #flash #audio #crash #bug #firefox #player #solution #workaround #realplayer #rollback #11.3
  Latest reply: SensibleCraig, Nov 17, 2012 3:00 AM
Branched to a new discussion.
Replies 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

SInce the original 11.3 release, all of my templated ads (AS 3.0) that dynamically load data (logos, URLs, etc.) VIA an XML file are displaying a white blank space (similar to the #43 reply) instead of the loaded images when viewed in Internet Explorer 9. Release .268 and .270 did not fix this issue. Please advise on a resolution... this issue is impacting live running campaigns and is negativly effecting my business and my clients'.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to jamesacres

I had the same problem in Internet Explorer on Windows XP SP3.  When I got Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and played the Flash games on Facebook, the sound was going fine so far; but later, when I played the same Flash games on Facebook, the sound kept skipping and getting choppy and distorted!  I had to uninstall Flash Player for Internet Explorer, but when I tried reinstalling Flash Player 10.3.183.10, it would not install because there was another browser with Flash Player 11.2!  I was forced to uninstall Flash Player for BOTH Firefox AND Internet Explorer so that I had to reinstall Flash Player 10.3 only for Internet Explorer.  The Flash games are now playing normally with no audio skips.  Flash Player 11.3 is getting to be quite a bother indeed!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to angeldeb82

angeldeb82, I run XP SP3 and use Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 14....like you I have had intermittent audio issues, but Flash Player 11.4 beta 2 has completely rectified them for me (please see Chris' post here on 3rd August)....perhaps give that a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 6:19 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Running Win 7, 64-bit and using IE9 & Firefox 14.  Installed 11.4 beta 2 but continue to have the same issue when using 10.3 & 11.3, release .268.  Can't play a video it's either a black screen or it says I need to update my flash player when it's already installed.  This is happening in IE & Firefox. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Windows XP SP3 on hundreds of HP desktops. Experiencing repeatedly reproducible video stoppages in IE8 and FF13 using 11.3.300.257. Upgraded to 11.3.300.270 and problem continues in both browsers. Upgraded to FF14.0.1 with no improvement. Downgraded to 11.2.202.235 and problem disappeared. So definitely something broken in the 11.3 releases.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 6:42 PM   in reply to mikefconnell

I'm starting to get a little more confidence in your programming teams abilities.

11.4 version 2 Beta finally provides some relief to my stuttering audio problem.

Keep the releases moving in this direction and another couple of performance

releases and you should have it fully nailed!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris, sorry for the tardy reply. Anyway, I'm running SeaMonkey 2.5 (never had any problems before the last update).

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 6:12 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi, I am experiencing issues on video playback using flash player 11.3.300.268 on XP 10.3 (firefox 14.0.1 and IE 7).

Flash is playing 1 sec of the video and then stop video playback. The problem is not occuring with flash player 11.4 beta 2...

The project we are working on involve a large audience...are you going to publish an update of the 11.3 player we can direct people to ?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 10, 2012 7:56 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris, to be honest, I'm a little leery about using Flash Player 11.4 beta 2. I don't have "AutoUpdate" enabled, just "Notify me". I've gone back to an earlier version and I'm not having any more problems — hence my reluctance to update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hey Chris, when this surround bug will be fixed? Just tried 11.4 beta 2- same thing, all flash audio is upmixed from 2.0 to 5.1... Thank u.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

This has been driving me nuts.

I had been having BIG problems in YouTube and MOG (but not with Netflix -- which, of course, uses the [I never thought I'd say it but here I am] superior Silverlight plugin).

Finally, a message popped up in MOG suggesting the rollback to 10.3.

I painstakingly followed all Adobe's instructions for removing Flash (btw, there are a couple mistakes on that page: they mix sys32 and sys64 instructions as though you should do both AND one of the local paths they suggest users cut and paste uses Window\ for Windows\ [missing s breaks it of course])...

But the uninistaller apparently does not remove Flash for Chrome!?!?

So after following Adobe instructions and reinstalling for IE and "all other" Win browsers, I end up with FF and IE running Flash 10.3 as desired (and working) but Chrome is STILL flying 11.3!!!! WTH?

Also, on an unrelated but annoying note -- this edit window is buggy as heck using Firefox. The cursor jumps around unexpectdly, particularly when backspacing.

UPDATE: Oh. I GET IT...

Turns out the the latest Flash player -- BUGS AND ALL -- is integrated with Chrome and so the rollback doesn't fix the media stutter issues at all -- and, additionally, breaks Chrome on a HUGE number of websites.

First, YOU GUYS should make it clear that "All other Windows browsers" (but IE) does not include Chrome -- THAT would save an enormous amount of grief!

Second, Google/Chrome need to disengage that integration, since we can't count on Adobe to provide a working Flash player and it's essentially crippling Chrome. That, happily for you, is their problem.

PS... Really this edit window is a DISGRACE as the cursor bug makes writing a real pain. 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Do we have any assurance that that won't be as buggy as this one? Seriously, I used to defend Flash from the Apple onslaught. But I've had it. Under Adobe, Flash has become a major problem center for users AND developers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 7:15 PM   in reply to theblue1

theblue1 wrote:

...there are a couple mistakes on that page: they mix sys32 and sys64 instructions as though you should do both AND one of the local paths they suggest users cut and paste uses Window\ for Windows\ [missing s breaks it of course])...

Thank you; I have corrected that one.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 7:18 PM   in reply to theblue1

theblue1 wrote:

Google/Chrome need to disengage that integration, since we can't count on Adobe to provide a working Flash player and it's essentially crippling Chrome.

Just F. Y. I., the next version of Internet Explorer, IE10, will also come with Flash Player bundled.  I don't know if this is a trend that will extend to other browsers as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 8:59 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Great, Thanks Pat Willener!

=)

Er,,, I mean great about correcting the error.We'll just have to see how the further bundling goes.(I only use IE for testing, anyhow.)

I do wish I'd been aware that Flash was integrated with Chrome. It would have saved me a lot of installing and uninstalling. You guys might want to make a note that the rollback insructions should say "all non-IE browsers except Chrome" for the non-IE install. Or something.

Anyhow, good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to theblue1

Good suggestion; thank you.  I will let someone else handle this, as I have never used Chrome.  (Also there are ways to uninstall Flash Player from Chrome, but I don't know how either.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 10:11 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Cool! Thanks for your efforts!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 9:17 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 14, 2012 7:53 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Well, I suppose that 11.3.300.271 will still have sound problems, especially the choppy and skipping sounds here.  The Flash Player 10.3 that I have in Internet Explorer has all the security patches and is working fine without any sound issues, so I'm not even bothering trying to upgrade, as it will STILL have sound issues again.  Thanks for the warning, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Just tried 11.3.300.271 here. Still has the video stopping problem that the other 11.3.300.x versions had with WinXP SP3. So I guess we stick with 10.3.183.20 until 11.4 is released.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to stcain

stcain wrote:

Just tried 11.3.300.271 here. Still has the video stopping problem that the other 11.3.300.x versions had with WinXP SP3. So I guess we stick with 10.3.183.20 until 11.4 is released.

Actually, Windows XP SP3 does NOT have 10.3.183.20 as the "latest release".  Believe me, I downloaded the 10.3.183.20 archive file, and it does NOT have the installer for 10.3.183.20.  The latest version for 10.3 for Windows XP SP3 is STILL 10.3.183.10, which I have.  Just wanted to clarify for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to angeldeb82

angeldeb82 wrote:

stcain wrote:

Actually, Windows XP SP3 does NOT have 10.3.183.20 as the "latest release".  Believe me, I downloaded the 10.3.183.20 archive file, and it does NOT have the installer for 10.3.183.20.  The latest version for 10.3 for Windows XP SP3 is STILL 10.3.183.10, which I have.  Just wanted to clarify for you.

I have a Adobe software distribution license for Flash, AIR, Reader and Shockwave. I downloaded Flash 10.3.183.20 ActiveX and plugin versions for Windows from the link provided. Then deployed them to 750 Windows XP SP3 machines using SCCM2007 and they are working fine. Says 10.3.183.20 in Add/Remove programs and all the Flash files in the Macromed directory are version stamped 10.3.183.20.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to stcain

stcain wrote:

angeldeb82 wrote:

stcain wrote:

I have a Adobe software distribution license for Flash, AIR, Reader and Shockwave. I downloaded Flash 10.3.183.20 ActiveX and plugin versions for Windows from the link provided. Then deployed them to 750 Windows XP SP3 machines using SCCM2007 and they are working fine. Says 10.3.183.20 in Add/Remove programs and all the Flash files in the Macromed directory are version stamped 10.3.183.20.

Thank you.  Your advice worked!  I followed the instruction and downloaded 10.3.183.20 from the link shown here.  Once again, thank you.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 12:12 AM   in reply to angeldeb82

Tried again on 11.3.300.271 and on Windows 2008 SP2 x64 still no sound on Citrix session. So back to 10.3.183.20 until this is resolved.

Lukas

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 4:48 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

I understand it is a Google/Chrome issue that Flash is bundled and automatically updates in unison or not with Chrome ver.s, but can't we somehow pass on unwanted updates!?

It just keeps on coming for better or for worse!

I just settled in on 11.3.31.222 version, but then yesterday things were crashing and pages were very hard to even close, and sure enough - only 2 weeks- 11.3.31.222 had disappeared, and Flash Version: 11.3.31.227 was newly enabled.

Since i can't get back to 222, i'm patiently working with this new plugin to settle.  It's much better today, although, I don't know if it's just me, but the sound on YT was much better previously.  I really don't like this musical chairs with the plugins...

Also, may i ask what are 'pepper build' Flash, not that it matters, just curious.

It can't be found as old ver. downloads. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 4:20 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Chris, thank you so much for the links and your help; I'm sorry to have

troubled you,  I can see my other question answered in your post #121

regarding chrome's own flash version platform that is pepper plugin API.

I will try making good use of the first link you've provided, much appreciated!

Edit: previous post i meant 11.3.31.225, and it was changed about in a weeks

time to 11.3.31.227 right now, but it also has the proper 11,3,300,271 as a choice.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to Zumm.x.2

OK, so I'm looking for some help....

All of a sudden videos posted in Facebook won't play for me- and I think it has something to do with Adobe Flash.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled but with no luck.  The version of Flash I have is 11.3.300.271- which is says is the most up to date.....

Thoughts?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi Chris - I've read through all the posts here and finally downgraded to version 10.2 and that seems to have fixed our issues. However, this is a serious problem for our users because we have no control over what version they are running. If they have 11.3 their content will just crash. I don't know if this is helpful, but in our case the crashes seem to occur when there are multiple instances of Flash running in a browser window - perhaps when a video plays in a popup window on top of Flash content. Here is an example that crashes with 11.3 and works fine with 10.2: http://samples.mapsalive.com/20060/page1.htm. Mouse over the SE Asia hotspot, try the blue dots on the second map, then try to select one of the squares on the world map again. This has always worked fine until 11.3. Anyway, good luck with the upcoming release and we'll hope for a fix in 11.4.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 6:46 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

My 2 cents.

Running latest Chrome on latest Mountain Lion.

Flash (2 files) - Version: 11.3.300.271

Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Flash problems are worse than in previous version.

Symptoms:

Hanging / stuttering video / audio.

Sites that use flash for GUI become unresponsive.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 Final is out.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Release notes will be here (later):

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/releasenotes .html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to MrX1980

Installed 11.4.402.265 and it seems to have fixed the issue of the browser (FF 14.0.1 anyway) loosing focus when going to a page with Flash the first time (I do have Protected Mode turned on and do see the processes running). Progress!

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (4)