Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Movie clip fade in over video

Aug 19, 2012 6:50 PM

Hello,

I have a video on a layer with cue points.   I would like to have a still fade in over the video at a cue point.  I made a movie clip with my still in it on frame one to frame 12.  My project is 12 fps.  I made a classic tween between the keyframes and adjusted the alpha on the first frame to zero. This did work, but when my video plays it cues to the movie clip and fades from white, which is my project background rather than from the video.  Is there a way to adjust or code the movie clip so it will be transparent?

Mark. 

Replies
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 19, 2012 7:33 PM   in reply to MARKARKARK

convert your still to a vector (use modify/bitmap/trace bitmap) and remove the background.  fade that vector.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 19, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to MARKARKARK

if you import a bitmap into flash (including a png), drag it to the stage, make sure it's selected and click modify/trace/trace bitmap.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Aug 20, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to MARKARKARK

1.  drag your png to the stage.

2.  while it's still selected click modify/bitmap/trace bitmap. 

3.  experment with the trace bitmap settings panel. the smaller the min ara, tighter the fit and lower the corner threshold, the higher the resulting vector's fidelity and the larger the size of your swf.  click ok and your png bitmap has been converted to a vector.

4.  right click the background and click cut.  you may need to do that more than once if the background does not have a uniform color. 

5.  convert the vector to a movieclip and assign a library symbol name (eg, vectorized png).

6.  double click the vectorized symbol in the library so you are editing it.

7.  add a keyframe on frame 12.

8.  select everything on frame 1 and assign it an alpha of 0.

9.  create a tween.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points