Skip navigation
frankchojinski
Currently Being Moderated

Die Datei konnte nicht unter "" gespeichert werden, weil ein Programfehler...

Aug 17, 2012 4:19 AM

Hi folks,

while trying to safe a file on a network storage in our lan, i get this error: "Die Datei konnte nicht unter "iStock_000017489893_Junge_hat_die_Wahl.jpg" gespeichert werden, weil ein Programmfehler aufgetreten ist." (i am working in germany, in google-english it is like this: "The file could not be saved "iStock_000017489893_Junge_hat_die_Wahl.jpg" because a program error has occurred.") This error only occurs in my photoshop 5.5 on my mac (os x 10.8). In indesign e.g. there are no such problems.

Does anybody know something about this problem? Its a little irritating to save file on local hd and then copy it in a other finder window that shows the fileserver.

Access rights a correct. As i say, all other applications are working fine.

Regards

Frank Chojinski

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to frankchojinski

Can you save as a different format? Or to a different location?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 17, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to frankchojinski

The general advice from Adobe is to save locally, then transfer the file across the network link using the OS.

That said, if you disable the creation of Image Previews in the File Handling preferences, does the problem go away or become less frequent?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 11:22 PM   in reply to frankchojinski

You've hit a known bug in MacOS 10.8 - we're working with Apple on it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to frankchojinski

Macs and networking go together like peanut butter and C4 lol.  So yeah, it's basically a glitch that's known and probably caused by a network permissions issue.  The good news is, the earlier suggestion to do all your work on a local file then copy it to the network manually in the OS isn't just some workaround, it's actually the way almost everyone works on files for performance reasons.  It's much, much faster to do it that way

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to frankchojinski

In PS CS6 and OS 10.6.8 its still the same problem. It looks like an Network Problem. We can reproduce the error by switching off any computer in our network. As long as nobody switch off his Mac, everything works fine. If one Mac switches off, all who had PS CS6 open and would save a picture, got this error.

Maybe this can help you, to solve the problem between Apple and Adobe...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 2:54 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Having the same above mentioned problem I stumbled into here after having wasted too much time.

Thank you very much for the hints which helps a lot to continue working.

I am not very familiar with Mac OS but have to support two Mac Pro now.

If the problem is solved, will there be an "announcement"? Or do I have to wait until the Mac signals me of available updates?

edit: Just recognized OS X 10.8.2 is available. After update and restart it looks like the problem ist gone. (we use Photoshop CS5)

regards,

Dandelion

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points