Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How Adobe gets DATE and its format?

Level 8

Hello,

I am getting current (todays) date by using below JS in some flds, and by using below FormCalc for some flds into my_form,

But, i dont have much idea that how adobe is getting this date? For my company this is the very first form, hence they are asking me how adobe gets date and its format whether,

1) From local IP/Interner provider address's date, format?

2) or user PC/laptop's LOCAL settings date, format? if so, for example, if Germany user (Laptop settings) has a DD.MM.YYYY configured, if this user comes to US on a busines trip and if that user opens the form, then how the date looks like for this user? as per user laptop settings DD.MM.YYYY or local internat provider date format MM//DD//YYYY?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

From within a PDF ... No!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

the date() function returns the number of days since 01.01.1900 for the local date of the current system (related to the system clock of the OS).

If you travel from Germany to the US but don't update your date/time settings, then it returns the same date in the US as in Germany.

You can check the behavior by changing your local date/time setting or the timezones.

Level 8

Thank you. Got it.

Do we have any chance to get it from IP address or interner provider date, format by using any JS?

Regards

Correct answer by
Level 10

From within a PDF ... No!