Exit

ColdFusion 10, SQL 2012, MS Server 2012

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm trying to install the newest of the new

ColdFusion 10 with SQL 2012 on MS Server 2012

I have seen some blog posts, but nothing on the forum.  Is there an official thread or response from Adobe on the issue?  I cannot get ColdFusion 10 to install.  It breaks right on the initial load screen

Please let me know if there is another thread that I can look at, and if not, I will use this thread as I debug the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What on Earth are you talking about?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF is not supported on Windows Server 2012. System requirements:

http://www.adobe.com/au/products/coldfusion-standard/tech-specs.html

Windows 2012 is still release candidate, current release being Windows 2008 r2.

Am using CF10 with SQL 2012 OK.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl

Do you know if any versions work on server 2012?  I would love to try and debug the install or atleast follow the development of the fix.

Adam, i do not know what you are talking about either, lol.  Id love feedbacj on what was so confusimg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What with Windows Server 2012 being RC I am not aware of any CF (9, 10, Standard, Enterprise or other apps from vendors) being supported.

Even if CF did work on Windows 2012 RC, RC’s have a habit of expiring shortly after release to manufacture so it is not like you can deploy it anywhere to development or production.

Cheers, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

Yes - it is 2012 RC.  I know it is not supported, but what I'm simply asking in my post if is there an official discussion regarding the subject.  I wasn't looking for the 'fix', but rather 'where can I talk about the fix in one centralized thread?'

I hope that helps clarify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Mike does. Not seen much chat on this forum on Windows 2012 RC or Windows 8 RC IE10 etc for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam, i do not know what you are talking about either, lol.  Id love feedbacj on what was so confusimg

Yeah, sorry that was a bit oblique.  It'd be helpful it you game details of the breakage, like what it says on the screen, does it freeze or just exit, or whatver it is what goes into the install logs (if anything),  Something... anything to go on.

If you want support from Adobe, though, you will need to raise a support ticket with them; they do not offer support via these forums (which they basically host, but offer very little input beyond that).

What they'd say though is "don't try it: it's not supported yet".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worrys Adam!  You were right - my post was vague.

I am not getting past the initial install screen.  It stops right at 98% of the 'install anywhere' window.

In regards to opening a ticket, you are 100% correct - 'don't try it:   it's not supported yet'.  lol.

I was thinking about just copying the entire coldfusion directory from my 2008 R2 box onto the 2012 box and going from there.  I think that I can get services created and what not.

I can keep everyone updated on my progress on this thread if the moderators are OK with it.  If I should post elsewhere, please let me know

Thanks!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'd say sling you're findings up here.  That's what I'd do (not that that's a particular recommendation in and of itself).

I've never tried, but if you install on another machine and then shift the files over you should be OK.  You'll probably need to check through all you're XML config files for path-mismatches and stuff.

I have read - on Andrew Scott's blog (http://www.andyscott.id.au/2012/5/31/ColdFusion-10-will-not-install-on-Windows-Server-2012 & http://www.andyscott.id.au/2012/4/26/Windows-Server-2012-and-ColdFusion-installation) - that you'll likely have IIS problems as well though.

Best of luck, anyhow.

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Thanks!

I will let you know how it works out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get it up and running by replacing the installer's JRE with the most recent version from Oracle (JRE 7)

I detailed the steps I took here http://thefusionator.com/index.cfm?blogID=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the articles and the related information.

Yes! it's true that, CF10 is not officially supported over Win2k12 --> http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusi....

We are yet to take a decision on Win2k12 and Win8.

Thanks.

Rg,spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-10-support-on-windows-8-and-os-x-mountain-lion

Does that indicate CF10 on Windows 2012 is also 3 - 5 months away?

Cheers, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF 10 was not officially supported over Win8 and Mountain Lion, once released.

Reference:

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf10/coldfusi...

As per the demand and necessity of the time, CF Engineering team is taking related decisions and therefore a time-frame of 3-5 months is showcased.

Post that time, if anyone still has concerns for the installers, they can approach Adobe CF tech support at: cfsup@adobe.com

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Rg,

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the demand and necessity of the time, CF Engineering team is taking related decisions and therefore a time-frame of 3-5 months is showcased.

Can you say that again in plain English, rather than trying to dolly it up in special officialese, rendering it basically unintelligible?

Post that time, if anyone still has concerns for the installers, they can approach Adobe CF tech support at: cfsup@adobe.com

Oh god.  So if it's not bad enough that you can't get CF to work, you expect people to go through the self-flagellation exercise that is talking to Adobe support?  You are a very mean-spirited person 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

CF 10 is officially released to work on certain specific and tested OS's. If any individual/organization wish to go-ahead with CF deployment on an un-supported platform, it's their call.

Win8 got released and citing global acceptance and requirement {adding to large Customer base}, CF engineering is making efforts to support CF10 on Win8 and thus there has been a timeline of 3-5months for the new installers, shared across.

Once this is done, global community would be knowing about it too. But, sif anyone still has any related cocnerns then, Yes! you are welcome to reach adobe CF tech support at: cfsup@adobe.com

Hope this clears everything.

Spsb84

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  That more-closely resembles plain English.  Cheers.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Hope this clears everything.

Almost. For Windows Server 2012 IIS 8 (which is currently RTM) will CF10 Win8 installer when released also run on 2012?

Cheers, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have the fix Little_Mike did to get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://thefusionator.com/index.cfm?blogID=2 it's up here again - site was down over the weekend. I can get CF installed, but can't configure IIS. My installer doesn't create the wsconfig directory - so I have to copy across the one provided, but I get warnings when adding the virtual directories in IIS about permissions - so I don't think the ISAPI file can be accessed right. Here is what I get when I run a test CF page / the CF admin:

--

Service Temporary Unavailable!

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.32 ()

--

Windows permissions are not my forte - if anyone can fathom a workaround it'd be great. I'm pretty sure this should work, but I just don't really know how to fix the security things.

NB. When you're replacing the JRE in the installer make sure you use the very latest version, I used 7u9 I think. I tried a version marked just plain 7 and it didn't work - the link in the post doesn't work. You need to do the compatibility thing right too.

No idea why Adobe can't sort this very quickly indeed. Just build a new installer - will be all of a couple of days work - a week at most?!

Cheers, Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least ColdFusion 10 works on SQL Server 2012 (Express tried), when run on Windows Server 2008 R2.

-Fernis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i am running cf10 on sql 2012.  It is working great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue setting up on a rackspace cloud server!

Decided that rather than rebuild with 2008 R2 I'd try something off the wall - Install Railo!

Worked perfectly - This could be just the kick I needed to shift away from Adobe - They're too slow to respond in my eyes and I've only heard good things about the Railo team and 3-5 months to change to a different installer and write a new IIS interface - Absolute cack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never installed Railo, but am seriously considering it. I need my new 2012 boxes up yesterday! Is the install as easy as the regular Adobe CF installer? I'm not really a command-line kinda guy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation