Skip navigation
adiwill
Currently Being Moderated

the most annoynig unresloved feature perhaps?

Aug 20, 2012 8:16 AM

Hi all, i use dreamweaver all the time in code view. I also use the search facility regularly, every day. As far as i can see it, this contains possible the most annoying problem in dreamweaver, that has never been addressed.

You are editing a page.. you hit contrl-f, type your search query, and what happens? Dreamweaver defaults to 'entire site' which is fine, but it DOES NOT start with the current open document !! This means, every time you cntrol-f, you have to manually change the dropdown to current document. How many times have we forgot to do this, only to cancle the search (which if its in the middle of an sql file etc, takes forever).

A simple solution... change 'entire site' to start with the current open document.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to adiwill

For me, Ctrl-f always chooses the last setting I used.  If that is "Selected Files in Site" then that's how Ctrl-f comes up.  Notwithstanding this minor correction, I agree with you that the setting should default to "Current Document".  Please file a 'wish' for this to happen -

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to adiwill

I see - you can submit a wish for that, too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points