• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharedobject Won't Delete

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a sharedobject in Adobe AIR 2.6 on Mac OS 10.6 using Flash Professional CS 5.5. For testing, I'd like to delete the object manually from disk. When I go here:

Macintosh HD:Users:<username>:Library:Preferences:Macromedia:

Flash Player:#SharedObjects:

I find a folder with a random name, but when I delete it, the sharedobject with its values still appear in my app. So, this doesn't seem like the actual location of the sharedobject. Where is the location of sharedobjects on Mac OS X for Adobe AIR.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete from both:

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/

or, even faster, clear your so using flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reponse. I poked around some more and for Adobe AIR desktop application found the shared object here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/<appname>/Local Store/#SharedObjects/<swfname>.swf/<sharedobjectname>.sol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll find it will speed development to create a clear so button in your project instead of deleting files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's a good idea. I do have a scheme to clear it through a config file flag. I was lookng for a way though too for QA testers to be able to easily and obviously clear it i.e. return things to their initial state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sounds good.

p.s.  please mark your thread as answered if the issue is closed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines