Skip navigation
RichK123
Currently Being Moderated

Javascript required for FormCalc?

Aug 16, 2012 5:38 AM

Boy I hope this will not be a problem.  I have a form that runs on pure FormCalc, is dynamic and interactive.  The client is running on a javascript free zone, meaning they don't have it turned on in anyones machine.  When the form is opened an error comes up saying that "JavaScript is currently disabled and this document uses it for some features.  Enabling JavaScript can lead to potential security issues."  Only until I enable JS does the form run.

There is no JS on the form, purely FormCalc running on the client.  That said, why is this JS error coming for a form that has none? Does the core use JS regardless for dynamic forms?  Any way around this?  If not, I can only think of running this on the server which yields are kinds of issues for dynamic forms.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6687172/Original_Issue_data.xml

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6687172/Original-dont-delete.pdf

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to RichK123

Hi,

to run a dynamic form on client side that contains either FormCalc or JavaScript scriptings you will always have to activate JavaScript in the client (Acrobat or Reader).

The concerns about security are correct, but sometimes overrated, because nothing is safe at all.

So even without JavaScript a malicious PDF can attack your computer in manifold ways.

Adobe introduced the Protected View with Acrobat/Reader 10.1.0, which will run the whole app in a sandbox.

I think this method is the best compromise between usage of interactive feature and security.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 20, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to RichK123

I don't have such server enviroment, so I cannot comment on this thread, sorry.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points