Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

When using webcam, I cannot click in the Flash window

Aug 12, 2012 6:15 PM

Hello all,

I am trying to run the video chat on the Omegle anonymous chat site (requires Flash 10+). When I log in, Flash runs fine except for one problem: When the window comes up asking me to authorize my camera I can't do anything. I can move my mouse over the Allow button, but if I click, it does nothing. Buttons do not help, and I have to apologize to people for my camera being broken, causing them to decide to disconnect. I want an end to this nonsense as soon as possible, as it used to work fine.

I am running Flash Player 11.2.202.236, Firefox (not sure what version), and Ubuntu 12.04 (a Linux distro).

Thanks for answers.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 13, 2012 11:09 PM   in reply to kelario

I'll see if anyone has seen this before on Linux, but you might also want to try working around this using the steps listed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/916355?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to kelario

if you have compiz running, you could try disabling that.  there are instances when it may interfere with the interaction with the settingsui...

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to libflashplayer.so

go to your Ubuntu Software Center and do a search for "compiz"  if there is a green checkmark on the icon you have it installed.  if you are comfortable with uninstalling it, select the icon and click the remove button.  after it uninstalls, restart your OS and see if that resolves your issue...

alternatively, you can tab within the settingsui and select items via enter key or space key

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 9:13 PM   in reply to kelario

you could install gnome gdm...

in a terminal window type the following command

sudo apt-get install gnome

agree to the install and follow the prompts.  it may take a while to install.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to kelario

here's another work around...  apparently unity-2d will work just fine. it does not use compiz.

1. logout
    2. click the little cog icon next to your username and select "Ubuntu 2D"
    3. login

let us know if that works for you.  thanks...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points