Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6ServiceManager.exe - System Error

Aug 14, 2012 8:09 PM

Tags: #system #cs6; #error; #cs6servicemanager.exe; #cs6servicemanager; #.dll; #reinstall; #program; #start;

"The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your cmputer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I can't find the program on my computer, or on the Adobe website. Having trouble tracking down a solution. Any advice?

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 15, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to jimpmiller17

Hey Jim,

What operating system are you on? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Might try running the Windows updates on the system.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to jimpmiller17

Hey Jim,

Are you still having this issue?

Reinstalling might fix it. I did see that file in certain Adobe application installation directories. What program were you launching when getting the error?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to jimpmiller17

Our software relies on some of the built in parts of Windows. I'm wondering if this update might help resolve the issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 2:05 PM   in reply to David__B

David,

I am having this same error while using After Effects, I tried repairing my Microsoft .NET framework from that link you provided Jim, but to no avail. I'm aware that this is not an Adobe issue, but may be a root cause, my system now says "Catalyst Control Center: Host Application is not longer responding" when it boots up on my desktop. I am running 64bit on Windows 7.Stupid Error.JPG

This is the error that appears on my logon screen and my desktop when I boot up my computer, any insight?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to NxtMindReader

Hi NxtMindReader,

I noticed your message relates to a slightly different dll file, MSVCR100.dll versus the original MSVCP100.dll. Both of these are located in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder for me and part of Windows.

Do you have these files in that directory? Both of these I believe are related of the .NET Framework library.

I'll do some research from my side and let you know what I find out.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to David__B

Dave,

I didn't realize it was a different dll file, sorry about that. Also, sorry for the late response. The directory you mentioned, "C:\Windows\SysWOW64", contains both MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll. I also may mention that the error I posted a picture of only appeared today, though the only change to my system was being turned off over night, this may be some kind of corruption in my .dll files, though I'm not certain. When I start After Effects, "Initializing MediaCore" lasts a minimum of 45 seconds on my screen, while my attempts to start the program last around 5-10 minutes until I finally recieve an error on the splash screen:

FistErrorSplash.JPG

I also may mention that before the crash message I am prompted with this:

QTerrer.JPG

I am 100% sure QT is installed, and I actually have un-installed and re-installed twice, but to no avail.

It has suddenly dawned on me that this may be a more complicated error than what Jim is experiencing... Also, I would like to thank you for helping me with this.

Thanks

-Nxt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to David__B

Any insight?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to NxtMindReader

@NxtMindReader, Yeah, it sounds like you might have more going on than Jim. I think I would first uninstall After Effects and QuickTime and then reinstall them in different environment than you are working in now. Maybe try reinstalling and launching from the Windows built in Administrator account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-e nable-disable.html

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to David__B

I realize this is an ancient post, but for those attempting to resolve this issue, you'll need to repair .NET Framework 4, and Visual C++ runtimes 2008 SP1 and 2010.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_pro grams/the-program-cant-start-becuase-msvcr100dll-is/5c9d301a-2191-4edb -916e-5e4958558090

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points