Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't View FOLIO's on iPad with new Content View Update!

Aug 16, 2012 1:12 PM

With the new Content Viewer update to the iPad I can no longer view any of my FOLIO's!

I know when you update your tools and not the viewer you have issues with viewing but never with the Viewer updated and old FOLIO's.

Am I missing something or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

It is always best to delete your ACV and install it again brand new once an update is release. After installing it download your folios again. This works for me, I also had issues launching old folios with today's update. Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Mark0
    31 posts
    Feb 14, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 1:33 PM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

I've never had a problem with CV updates before but I am encountering the same problem as you this time around it seems. Whenever I click on any of the 'View' buttons nothing happens. I really don't want to have to download all of our folios again, especially with the mind-numbing download speeds the CV trickles out.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

some of us in the forums where reporting this with custom viewers from v22,

but adobe could not reproduce this issue. I hope they will get aware of

that when more people are reporting this.

deleting the viewer is of course no option because your live app in the

store will only be updated too.

(mobil gesendet)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

Yes same problem here had to Archive and Download folios.

Regards

Vividi

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 12:33 AM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

Same problem! Old folios cannot be viewed any more!
    We had a lot of issues with new updated software or apps from Adobe but this one is really new!

And I also don't want to download all of our folios again, so I hope Adobe will fix this!!!

I can only agree with you, Ryan, this is REALLY NOT FUNNY!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 1:06 AM   in reply to dulprint0811

Same here (iPad 2),

Deleted Content Viewer, installed it again and redownloaded folios... now it's OK, but it was an unexpected pain in the neck...

Lucky me I wasn't working in anything critical timewise >:(

Gustavo

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

Same problem...and I thought it was just the v22 Android viewer with 4.1.1 that was causing headaches.

The "What's New" folio in DPS tips updated for me and is allowing me to view it, however none of the other folios are allowing me to view or update them.  Perhaps this problem has to do with the age/version of the folios.

Let's hope this is a quick fix on the server side.  Deleting the app and redownloading all folios is not an acceptable solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 6:48 PM   in reply to Andrew Smith

We just updated to v22 and one folio of 3 can't view, and of course is 344MB. The small ones are viewable. But had to delete app and re-install then re-download all. When we are developing folios its a pain but explaining this issue to clients, and telling them that all their customers will have to do reinstall and redownload makes a client re-consider whether this is the right way to go. This could be very damaging for DPS

A question for Adobe- does the re-download count in the download numbers (if so we are paying for Adobe's bug)?

(ipad 3 and ipad 1)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 12:48 AM   in reply to Graham bu

same ting, gona try archive my folios and get them again to let you know
    EDIT: i deleted the viewer, downloaded it again, and still got a grey background when folio is dowloaded .... argh ..

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 6:22 AM   in reply to Ryan A. SGS

I had the same issue with Bobs Tips app over the weekend, once updated I had to download the folios again.

I updated the ACV at the same time but my testing folios are still available on my ipad3 to view?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to HugoKing321

Yes had to reinstall the content viewer. Like most of you what a pain but at least the solution was a simple one.  Hope this doesn't happen each time we have a update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to RenaldoLawrence

Did anybody try to Force Quit the Content Viewer Application and re-launch it, then try to view a folio before unistalling the App?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to Eddie Oner

Yes, I force Quit all apllications and tried. Then powered off fully, left it for a few minutes, turned back on and no change. That's when I did the delete and re-install. Also, when I redownload the big folio (344 MB) it installs, but when I hit view it closes the ACV. When I re-open I can view OK. Doesn't happen with small folios though.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to Graham bu

When the folios were not displaying, did the viewer launch to an empty folio view (grey screen) or no response after selecting view in the library?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to Eddie Oner

After the ACV upgrade - no response when selecting view of the folio in the library.

After reinstall, and downloading the big folio hitting the view results in the ACV closing. Reopening, the view then works OK.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 1:10 AM   in reply to Graham bu

getting mad.
    it's okay on my ipad but some people here in the office can't get it.
    I made the same operations on their devices, but some folios just don't download completely, or do the grey screen.
    CAn't imagine the phone calls to prospect clients i shared folios with to make them buy stuff ;-(

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 4:29 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

The same here. I was already reporting it in the thread of Johannes (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4607480#4607480).

I just updated the DPS Tips by Bob Bringhurst, but only the Single Edition Issue works. The other ones will not update nor show.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to Eddie Oner

Eddie,

I have force quit the ACV numerous times on our iPad2 and it doesn't make a difference.  I've just updated a few articles in a folio and taken it from being set to "unspecified" viewer version (it was created with v18 or v19 tools) to v20 and then v22.  No change, it still doesn't do anything after tapping on the view button.  It shows that an update is available, but doesn't let me download it or view the non-updated version of the folio.

This is critical functionality and asking our customers to redownload entire folios to view changes to an article is not an acceptable workflow.  Telling them to delete and redownload the Adobe Content Viewer is impractical and more than frustrating since the whole idea of the digital publishing system is efficiency in delivering and updating content without us having to communicate personally with each customer/user.

As far as the DPS Tips app, the "What's New" folio is still viewable for me but neither the "Single Edition" folio or any of the others do anything when tapping the view button to update them.

Can someone from Adobe please update us on the status of this serious issue?  We must tell our customers what is going on and when it will be resolved.

Andrew

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to Andrew Smith

We are actively investigating the issue, but are having trouble getting it to reproduce in-house We are working on it though, trying to isolate both via testing and engineer inspection what could be the cause.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 2:12 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Neil,

I updated my producer tools to the latest version in the hope it would resolve the issues for iPad.  This let me set the viewer version on my folios in the Folio Builder panel, but unfortunately that hasn't helped.  I updated one of the folios to v22, however now I would like to try and set this folio back to target the v20 or v21 viewers.  Is this possible?  If I revert my producer tools to an older version what will happen with the viewer version setting on that folio, will it go back to "Unspecified"?  I'm just trying to figure out a way for our published apps to allow for a folio update as if the v22 update hasn't happened.

Andrew

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Andrew Smith

To target a different viewer version you set it in the new folio dialog. Click on the version number to set it. You can't change the version on a folio once you have created it, you have to create a new one with the version you want and then add the article again.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Update for everyone: we finally have this reproducing in Seattle! This is a huge help, as now an engineer can actually figure out why this isn't working.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Today's update: we have a fix! Woohoo! Thanks for your patience while we tracked down the root cause. This will get rolled into a hotfix and pushed out on Monday. The hotfix will require rebuilding your custom viewers or your Adobe Content Viewer.

We will also be resubmitting an updated Adobe Content Viewer to the Apple store.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points