Skip navigation
Matthew_004
Currently Being Moderated

Blu-Ray playback looks 30fps not 24fps

Aug 19, 2012 5:40 AM

Hi Folks,

I've built a DVD ISO in En and am using disc-utility to burn my ISO with an external BR burner.

I filmed in 23.976. Edited in 23.976. Transcoded out of after Effecst in 23.976 and all my Encore setting say 23.976.

My issue is that when there is a scene with a pan or tilt, the motion looks like its playing back at 29.976, essentially it looks sped up.

I double checked my TV settings, I do not have any motion-enhanced functions turned on. Double checked it on another player, same issue.

Is this a data rate issue?

I encoded an H264 at out of After efefcts using, 23.976, CBR, at 30MBS.

Any guesses what this may be?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Matthew_004

Your title says "Blu-Ray playback" but your message says "I've built a DVD ISO"

So... which is it... DVD or BluRay?

Showing people your settings screens may help... a screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to Matthew_004
    Any guesses what this may be?

Observer error, most likely.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 5:42 PM   in reply to Matthew_004

I can't imagine what might cause this in Encore. Encore imports as do not transcode?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 4:06 AM   in reply to Matthew_004

You say it looks "sped up".  Are you describing a speed increase like the footage was time-remapped?  Or are you trying to describe some kind of frame blending effect?

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 4:29 AM   in reply to Matthew_004

Perhaps not the best forum to ask but any other Blu-ray burning software to recommend?

Scenarist, DoStudio (now owned by Sony) and BluPrint.  But I would focus on the H.264 (or MPEG2) encoding.  It is the encoding that is most likely to introduce a problem.

That said, when you import your AE-compressed file into En for authoring to Blu-ray, does the Blu-ray Transcoding Status column show "Do Not Transcode"?  If not, that's where the problem is being introduced because En will re-transcode the asset.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to Matthew_004

I came across this thread with a sort of similar problem (my files are 23.976 but appear 29.97 on the project timeline).  I haven't viewed my footage on BluRay yet (haven't built the disc), but the timeline shows that the footage has 30 frames per second.  In other words, when I move the bar on the timeline and scrub over the video, where the time code reads minute:second:frames the "frames" number goes all the way to 29 before going back to 0.

The rendered h.264BluRay .m4v file is absolutely 23.976fps (rendered with Adobe Media Encoder out of Premiere) and the project is absolutely set up as a BluRay project in Adobe Encore.

What gives?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points