Skip navigation
pat.ganley
Currently Being Moderated

Importing Scripts from MS Word

Aug 16, 2012 9:47 AM

We're working with a transcription company who are formatting the transcripts they send us in the film script format but they are building them in Word.  When I try to import them into Adobe Story the formatting completely falls apart.  We want to be able to use the transcripts in Story and Premiere so that we can utilize the text analysis feature, but without the proper formatting it doesn't work.  Is there a way to get Story to maintain the formatting when importing from Word?

-Pat

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 7:37 PM   in reply to pat.ganley

Pat

Can you persuade the company to use story free instead of word?

If they are adamant on using word, then they'll have to stick to strict formatting rules so that we can import the script, which I'm not sure they'll do.

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 5:56 AM   in reply to pat.ganley

Hi Pat,

Can you please share a sample word document (containing 2-3 scenes) at AdobeStory-Support@adobe.com ?

We can analyze the word document and get back to you.

Thanks

Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 5:50 AM   in reply to pat.ganley

Hi Pat,

We have mailed you the solution. Hope it worked. If not, please get back to us.

Thanks,

Mayank

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to Mayank-Adobe Story Team

Hi, I am having the same issue, but you didn't post what the solution is.

Is there somethign speical that needs to happen to a MS Word document that has been formatted in the film script?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 8:33 AM   in reply to pat.ganley

Incase anyone is searching for a fix, I emailed a script created inMS Word to Adobe and they returned to me (in less than 24hrs!) a text file that could be imported into Story as a tv script.  I'd prefer a film script, but for my purposes the tv script was fine because it was just a way to get the script text imbedded into interview footage within Premiere.

It appears that I hadn't used an INT. tag, which confused Story...  Still wouldn't import as a film script but it will import correctly as a TV script.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points