Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to change colours of the document?

Aug 22, 2012 6:26 AM

Tags: #acrobat #x #pro

Hi,

I am working on a form that was build from Microsoft Doc and then scanned onto Acrobat Pro to create the form fields etc.

Mananagement just told me that they did not like the colour of the document and want it changed to another colour. (from Blue to Green).

Is there a way where I could 'edit' the colour change using Acrobat Pro ? 

Unfortunately, I do not have Photoshop nor do I know how to use it.... 

your help is much appreciated!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2012 7:51 AM   in reply to Win_Form

If your looking to change the background details or colour and not the field colour then i can't see how you would do this using Acrobat. As acrobat is simply laying form fields over the top of an image.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Win_Form

Believe it or not  since the form was created from a scan (a Picture) its uneditiable

1. Your going to have to go back into word recreate the document as a document
    2. Save as an adobe quality PDF from print menu (print menu > Hold PDF button down > Choose Adobe PDF or Adobe quality PDF.)
    3. Save the original.
    4. Open Acrobat and add the  Fillout fields. Leave background White.
    5. go to OfficeMax,Office Depot, Staples, or any office suppy and a couple of packs of the proper color blue paper
    6. Load up colored paper in Printer and print the PDF.

It will save you a lot of head ache's

If its to be filled out by hand You don't even need Acrobat.

1. just create the form use a series of Tabs and format the tabs with solid leaders (Format Menu Tabs)
    2. Type one space after the last word before a tab that is to be a field
    3. Format that tab for a solid leader.  example "________"
    4. Fields that go to right edge of paper you shoul use it and set it to 7.5" if your using lettersized paper.
    5. If you need checkboxes make sure in Word 2011 click developer Tab and you can insert click boxes
    6. When finished save Document.
    7. Then save as a PDF.
    8. In acrobat follow first set of directions. except you can make the check box clickable field when clicked on with insert a chck or an x.

Hope this helps

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Win_Form

Just create a new PDF that has the color changes. In Acrobat, open your form and simply replace the old pages with the new ones. Any fields, links, bookmarks, code, etc. will be retained. Exactly how you replace pages depends on what version of Acrobat you have. In Acrobat 9, it's: Document > Replace Pages

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points