• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X pro will show as installed but will not be present

Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Application Manager says that Acrobat X Pro has been fully downloaded and installed, but my Applications folder only has a folder with an "Acrobat Uninstaller" alias.

Resolution:

1: Trash the Acrobat X pro folder from the applciations location.

2: Later navigate to MacHD>Library>Application support>Adobe>Caps and rename the Media_db and Pdb files.

3: Later log into the Creative cloud account and then redownload Acrobat X Pro applciation and install it and it will be shown up in your applications.

You can go ahead and launch the product 🙂

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this thread over to our installation forum.

For general Creative Cloud Membership questions, here is the FAQ link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I look in my Application Support folder and can go all the way to Adobe.  The is no Caps folder.  Furthermore, there is no Acrobat Pro X folder or anything suggesting that was installed.  Finally, I logged out and in to the creative cloud and rebooted the computer (iMac)  Still, the Application Manager says that Acrobat has been installed.

Any further suggestions?  All other applications have installed normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi murraydavis,

Try this to find Caps folder.

Open Finder click on Go > Go to Folder and Type in /Library and click on OK

Then open Application Support\Adobe.

Sameer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the info.  I had older versions of CS software and after downloading Acrobat X Pro from my Creative Cloud membership and then deleting the old CS software, it stated it was installed but no where to be found but app mgr saying it was installed. Downloading it again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me. I renamed the Media_db and Pdb files, went to the Creative Cloud web page, clicked to download Acrobat X, Application Manager opened and downloaded/installed Acrobat. If anyone else does this - make sure you quit your web browser before the Application Manager reaches the installation phase. If you don't and message will pop up telling you to quit your browser.

I now have all of the CS6 apps successfully installed. EXCELLENT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, but on a PC. How do I fix this problem running Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "solution" (i.e. hack) worked for me, with one exception. After you rename the files and re-install Acrobat X Pro, now the Adobe Application Manager app will no longer recognize any other Creative Cloud components you had previously installed as being already installed. I had Photoshop and a bunch of others installed but after renaming those files they all show up with "Install" next to them instead of "Installed". The solution was to, after re-installing Acrobat, re-re-name the *original* Media-pdb and pdb files back to the original names. In other words, don't throw out those files before you start this process, name them something like "Media_pdb_OLD.db", then restore to original name when done. Then, the Application Manager will recognize which apps are installed again (including Acrobat X Pro, which it already thought was installed during the initial screwup).

Ugh. Come on, Adobe, please fix this. Not something that absolutely killed me, but that's 30 minutes of my day/life I'll never get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx!

same with me .. 30 minutes lifetime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same with me...Shame to Adobe. I have wasted over 90 mins of my life just to download and delete and download again, but still not work!! I'm really in the cloud now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines