• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is... Acrobat/SP2010

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following error is produced in Acrobat when trying to click version history documents in SharePoint 2010. "The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is correct and that the network location is reachable." The revision of the document is reachable, but through typical HTTP via a web browser...but not through the SharePoint <==> Acrobat X Pro COM object magic that works fine for currently checked out documents. Please see inserted image. Thoughts on a fix?

error_adobe+.png

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Customers have not confirmed, but given the issue reports ended 6 months ago, it appears updating to the latest product version fixes the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 118 Replies 118
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reporting that we are experiencing the same issue

we have a drive mapped to the sharepoint shared documents and opening from that gives the error

The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is correct and that the network location is reachable.

get exactly the same error from the sharepoint website

get the error accessing sharepoint from:

http://sharepoint

https://sharepoint

http://sharepoint.domain.name

https://sharepoint.domain.name

both via web and using those URLs for the path for the drive mapping

Adobe ifilter 9 installed and search service works etc

xml updated and working fine, icon appears correctly etc

webdav not installed on server

Microsoft fix KB907306 installed

definitely effects all systems with Acrobat X installed

can't test with acrobat 9 as we have redirected profiles so we then run into that joy where acrobat just dies because of roaming appdata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help

Recently Upgrades Computers (Both hardware and Software) currently have the following problems with Adobe Acrobat 9/X Standard.THe company is in need of even more computers but thes e issues are holding them back.

Note all Older systems currently run XP and Acrobat 9 Standard have in issues or printing problems.

Recently 2 New Workstations (WS1 and WS2) were added to the network (Running Windows 7(r2), Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business, and Adobe Acrobat Standard (WS1 has been reverted back to Adobe Acrbat 9 Standard  (with undates to 9.3.3.2 after tranfering the license over from an older Workstaion that was replaced / and WS2 has Abode X)

Both Machines are having issues printing PDF Files with Data Fields the data field display properly in print preview but the print out prints Corrupted Data Jibber Jabber.

The Adobe X (WS2) additionally has an issue directly accessing Abode files from the Server Sharepoint folders - URL issue.png

no issies with any other File formats. (Ex. Word - Excell) Just PDFs.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, I have read a dozen post on the issue but no resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older systems have NO Issues printing or accessing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SharePoint support began with 10.0.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed this is still happening for us on Sharepoint 2010 and Acrobat 10.1.4 (the latest update). I am in contact with Adobe about this and several other issues. FYI there are no adobe support people who response to issues in the forum directly from what I have heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gotten a response from Adobe on this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. And I don't care about the icons. I want to be able to open the PDFs. Right now I still can't do that. The icon could be a purple unicorn and I'd be happy if the PDF would then open when requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat/Reader you are using?

There is an entry point for Sharepoint in Acrobat 11.0 as from Open Dialog Box.

You can open the file as File Menu-> Open Dialog -> Open from Online Account -> Enter the Sharepoint URL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now done some testing on a windows 7 machine.

I tried several versions ov Adobe Reader and saw there were specific versions that failed:

• Adobe Reader  9.5.0 works
  • Adobe Reader  9.5.4 works
  • Adobe Reader 10.1.0 works
  • Adobe Reader 10.1.1 works
  • Adobe Reader 10.1.2 does not work
  • Adobe Reader 10.1.4 does not work
  • Adobe Reader 10.1.6 does not work
  • Adobe Reader 11.0.0 works
  • Adobe Reader 11.0.2 works

Interestingly the error started occurring at the same time Adobe Reader started giving the opportunity to check out and open documents from SharePoint in the client application. This I will leave for any Adobe support representatives to respond to if they want, but for me, the solution was to downgrade/upgrade my Adobe Reader X.

Let me know if this works for anybody else!

Message was updated by: bigfeta1 - added more version numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader 11.0.2 does not work for me.  I have attempted a re-install of adobe reader.  We are using SP2010.  This was not always a problem and has happened recently within the last 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently encountered this issue as well.  It's odd because I don't have problems opening PDF's on SharePoint in one Web Application site but I do on another Web Application site.  We're using SharePoint Server 2013, IE 9, and I have Adobe Pro 11.0.2.  I have found something interesting however.  By default, I've been using IE 32-bit so for giggles, I opened IE 64-bit and I was then able to open up PDF's on the web application site that was giving me trouble.  As I mentioned, I've always been using the 32-bit browser which hasn't given me errors for PDF's on my other Web application sites so I'm not sure what is different in this newly created Web Application that won't open PDF's when I'm using IE 32-bit.  I'll post back if I have more info.  Not all our users are on 64-bit so I need to figure out a resolution here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not 100% sure if I am using the x64 or x32 because the Internet explorer about doesn't say.  My pc is x64 windows 7.  Either way what is really strange is that if I browse to the file through the library or windows explorer view I get the error.  If I use sharepoint search to find the same file it opens fine.  If I open the file through an URL hyperlink stored in an infopath form it also opens just fine.  So this is not just happening because the file is stored in sharepoint but something to do with the way it is being accessed.  I did modify the sharepoint doclon.xml file which did not help (although our server may NOT have been rebooted in the meantime).  There is at least one other user here with this problem, I don't know if all have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see.  I wasn't even trying it via Windows Explorer.  I just mapped to the location, tried to open the PDF and I get the same error that I get when trying to open through IE.  I also noticed that when I'm using IE 32-bit, if I right-click the PDF and click 'Open' or 'Open in New Tab', it opens fine!!  I'm about to go bananas over here; so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SGomie,

Sorry for the inconvinent caused. Can you please try the following workflow and let me know the results

From Acrobat/Reader -> File Menu-> Open Dialog -> Open from Online Account -> Enter the Sharepoint URL

These information would be really helpful to us, to track the issue.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kriti,  Thanks for your assistance but the web application that I was experiencing this issue on has since been deleted and we haven't been experiencing it on our other web applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SGomie, Thanks for replying.

Actually we where trying to replicate the issue at our end, we can see the issue on Acrobat 10.1.2 but for Acrobat 11.0.2 the issue cannot be replicated.

It would be nice if you can answer few of my queries

1. Was the issue faced with other document like .docx file of was specific to .PDF file.?

2. Which exact workflow you were using in which you got error?

3. When you say "Web Application", was it some special setup you were using ?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The issue was specific to PDF's only
2.  No workflow. I was trying to open ANY PDF in ANY document library in SharePoint
3.  A Web Application in SharePoint is a basically a new Sharepoint Website (in IIS) with a new URL, new content database, etc.  You can have many web apps on a SharePoint server.  No special setup, just bare bones since we were using it for testing, however, please note it was a test web application on our production server so it had all applicable services running.

Just for kicks, I created another web application, threw a PDF in a document library and wouldn't ya know it, I got the error again.  I can copy the URL (getting it from properties in SP) and paste it into the browser and it opens fine.  I can 'Download a Copy' from the SP menu and it opens fine.  I will keep this web application intact to help troubleshoot this issue.  Fortunately for me, my live web application - which all my users use - doesn't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SGomie, The information you provided is really valuable.

It would be great if you can share the fiddler logs for the failure. You can take fiddler logs as specified by me on my previous comment.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the exact same issue, but with a different setup.

Internal users do not have issues opening PDF files that are stored on the SharePoint server. The issue is there when users access the same website from the internet, and then try to open the PDF file.

To make the same website accessible from the internet we use Microsoft Forefront UAG. Doing a Fiddler trace we see a HTTP 500 error returned when the action is done to open a PDF file. This HTTP 500 message seems to come from the SP server. Not from the UAG server.

Tried other Adobe Reader versions, and like mentioned on the first page of this topic the older versions do not have problems. Also, using the 64 bit version of the latest Adobe Reader versions seem to work out fine. But we dont want this workaround to be used.

I hope to get more informantion from here soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EnzymeH4L for reporting the issue.

We are working on the issue, will soon update the forum.

It would be nice if you can share the fiddler log for the failure to me at kri@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues:

Sharepoint 2013 enterprise and, Acrobat Pro 11.0.03 and ie10.  

I can't open pdf files from the browser.  There are only 2 ways to view PDF files from Sharepoint:

1.  Save the file to my local computer and open it.

2.  Right click and select "Open in new window"

Both are completely impractical. 

I called Adobe a few weeks ago and am still waiting for the call back that they promised would be within 48 hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also found that you can go Actions - Edit in data sheet.  Then clicking the link will allow you to open the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kriti,

Any update on this issue. We cannot open PDF files when using mapped drives with Sharepoint Foundation 2010.

Environment:

Sharepoint Foundation 2010

Workstations: Win 7 64bit

Adobe Reader 11.x

IE 8

PDFs open fine in the Web GUI, but when using Mapped drives, we receive the following error:

"The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is correct and that the network location is reachable."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. SharePoint 2010 with Win 7 64-bit workstations, Adobe Reader 11.0.0 / 11.0.3 and Adobe Pro 11.0.0 / 11.0.3 and Internet Explorer 9.0.15.

We can browse to a .pdf file in SharePoint and get the

"The URL you have provided could not be reached. Please verify that the URL is correct and that the network location is reachable."

Microsoft AND Adobe have been contacted for tech support and both hooked me up with techs that continuously go back to "support teams" to get questions to ask me. In 20 days my most recent conversations were "I need some info from your server - can I call you back Friday for that?" (Adobe tech support) and "I have a possible fix - do you mind if I try it on our SharePoint system and get back to you?" (Microsoft)

Simply put, with 11.0.0 you CAN open .pdf files in SharePoint and with 11.0.3 you can't. Tested in Reader and Pro on multiple computers. We can open .pdf files on local computers and it is my firm opinion that this has nothing to do with Internet Explorer, SharePoint or how we install any of the above. The problem is in Adobe 11.0.3 (and other versions apparently) but tech support needed an hour to verify just that what I was saying was true (through remote access.) I could be wrong of course, but I'd appreciate ANY help anyone can give me since holding at 11.0.0 (which does work) opens us to hacker attempts according to the 11.0.3 update (which doesn't work.) Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines