• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Licensing Has Stopped Working" with Mountain Lion & PS Elements

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Mountain Lion Photoshop Elements will not open. IT produces a dialog box that says "Licensing has stopped working - ERROR 6 "  Restarting the computer is no help.

How do I reenter my license - and WHY am I having to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dkgee please see Error "Licensing has stopped working" | Mac OS - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html to resolve your difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

That link calls for deletion of the "FlexNet Publisher" file in the HardDrive>>Library>>Preferences folder. No such file exists in that folder on my 10.8 machine.

It also calls for downloading and opening the LicenseRecovery111.zip file. I have done that and insise the LicenseRecovery Folder ran the LicenseRecover application. That app opens but appears to be non-responsive.

Any other avenues?

//DkG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

After we updated the OS to MAC lion , Did we reintsall the applciation ?

Or are we using the time machine back up to run the application.

If Yes, We will have to reinstall the application using the media to get rid of the error.

Hope it Helps

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DkGee this is a general document which covers a variety of Adobe products.  Please continue through the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I also get the error licensing message when I tried to open my Photoshop Elements 8 on my iMac. Elements opens fine on my Macbook. Both have Mountain Lion and the iMac is just a year older than the Macbook. Don't know why; just thought I'd tell you. Anyway, I printed out the document. We've gone through Solution 3. None of them work. This is not fun. Can we just uninstall and reinstall the program with our PS elements disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okcanade we do still provide support through this error message.  Please contact our support team and they can walk you through the document. 

For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines