Skip navigation
Emoral7
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Story Desktop Application Won't Install

Jul 31, 2012 7:41 PM

Tags: #air #error #adobe #up #installation #window #story #work #pop #popup #doesnt

Hi,

I just recently subscribed to the Adobe Creative Cloud CS6. I'm really interested in owning the Adobe Story desktop application and have attempted to download it by clicking the Install Desktop Application button. Unfortunately, all attempts have failed.

Upon clicking the Install button, I receive a pop-up explaining that I have to install Adobe Air for Story to work. If I click Yes, the window will then say the installation has failed and will ask to Retry. If I do this, the error repeats. How can I get this error to stop appearing?

Please note I have the latest version of Adobe Air already installed on my computer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 10:30 PM   in reply to Emoral7

This is weird.

Can you tell us if you are on Mac and Mountain Lion or on Windows?

Are you available for a chat anytime soon?

--Anubhav

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to Emoral7

I'm having the exact same issue.  I get an error message during the attempt to download Adobe Air (which is already installed) and each attempt to retry results in an immediate error and I can go no further.  Is there a stand alone link to simply download the Story desktop application without having to go through the process on the Story home page?  Or could there be?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to DragonStoneCreative

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and attempting to download using Google Chrome browser (IE doesn't even show the desktop application link)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to DragonStoneCreative

Are you a Story plus user? If yes, give me your email, I'll send you the direct link to download the desktop application.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to Deepak - Adoby Story Team

Hi Deepak,

Yes, I am a Story Plus user through Creative Cloud.  Please email me the direct link to  jim@dragonstonecreative.com. Thank you very much for your assistance!  I really appreciate it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to DragonStoneCreative

I have sent you the link. Please try that and confirm if you are able to install the app successfully.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Deepak - Adoby Story Team

Hi Deepak,

It looks like that worked.  Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 11:25 AM   in reply to Deepak - Adoby Story Team

I'm having the exact same problem.  Win7 64bit, Chrome.  I already have AIR installed, but when I try to download the offline Story app, it tries installing AIR anyway and fails.  I have a CreativeCloud subscription.  My e-mail is basilflint@gmail.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to BasilFlint

Can you try to install the desktop app from any other browser like Firefox. It seems like some bug on Chrome. Anyway, I have sent you the direct link.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to Deepak - Adoby Story Team

Well, now I feel silly.  I went and downloaded Firefox, and the installer for Story worked like a charm in it.  Go figure.  Thanks for the help!

As an aside, if possible, could you delete or otherwise censor the e-mail address from my last post?  I'd rather it wasn't just floating around on the forum.  If not, no big deal.  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to Deepak - Adoby Story Team

Hi,

I've tried downloading Story in two browsers on Windows Pro 64-bit. With chrome I can't get pas the Adobe AIR download error and with IE9 the "Download Desktop Application" link is greyed out.

OK, I worked out that I was still signed in to story from Chrome even though I had closed the tab. Once I signed out fro Chrome, it worked in IE9.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2012 6:03 PM   in reply to Emoral7

I'm experiencing a similar issue.  I recently updated my Adobe Story Free Desktop Application.  After opening it, a message said I had to upgrade my subscription because my desktop application no longer could be used with my current services.  I thought this was an error message so I uninstalled the program.  I went back to the website to get the desktop application but the link was "broken".  I've tried downloading from Chrome, Firefox and IE.  I even tried to download the desktop application from the online service.

I want to keep using Adobe Story Free.  I don't need Plus.  Now I'm without an application and scripts that were offline.

Help?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 5:19 AM   in reply to CBWriter_

Hi CBWriter,

Story AIR application installation is available only to Story Plus users and hence you are not getting the link since you are using Story Free.

We can upgrade your account to Story Plus for one day. You would then be able to download the AIR application and access your offline data and take that online.

Please send your Adobe ID to AdobeStory-Support@adobe.com and suggest the day when you would be able to perform the above operation and we will do the needful.

Thanks

Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 6:41 AM   in reply to Aurobi

Thank you Aurobi.  I sent my email.  Can I ask why had I been able to have access to a Desktop Application of Adobe Story for a year and a half and then all of a sudden I couldn't?  Did Adobe discontinue use of the desktop application to those who were using the Free edition?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 4:50 AM   in reply to CBWriter_

Hi CBWriter,

Adobe Story went paid in May this year and we have now two flavours of Story - Adobe Story Free and Adobe Story Plus. The Desktop application is available to Adobe Story Plus users who value the offline capability of the product. Adobe Story Free users can continue to use the web version of Adobe Story.

We have upgraded your account to Adobe Story Plus for one day. Please login to Story and download/install the AIR application so that you can access your offline data and take them online.

Thanks

Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 7:09 PM   in reply to Aurobi

Hi Aurobi,  I sent another email to Adobe Story Support today. When I logged in to download the app it was still labelled as the free version and not plus.  Any idea why?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 9:54 PM   in reply to CBWriter_

Hi Jared,

I checked in the back-end and you have been given Story Plus access for the Adobe ID you shared with us.

Can you please sign out of Story and then delete your Browser cache and try again?

Thanks

Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 10:03 AM   in reply to CBWriter_

Hi Jared,

Just checking if you have been able to access your offline data. Please let us know.

Thanks

Aurobinda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points