Skip navigation
mattintexas
Currently Being Moderated

AVID ARTIST CONTROL VIDEO CS5 CS6

Aug 19, 2012 1:17 PM

I see that in CS6 EUCON support is provided with Audition. I also see that people have gotten the Euphonix Transport to work in CS5.5.  My question that I am unable to find after 1 week of searching is Will the Avid Artist Control Jog wheel and programmable soft keys work in Premiere CS5.5 or CS6 for editing purposes.  I see the Jog wheel and keys work in Audition CS6, but it has a pull down menu for EUCON control. I do not see that in Premiere Pro.  I also cannot find a service/sales email at AVID to ask this question unless I purchase it first. 

Has anyone succesfully used the AVID ARTIST CONTROL unit with Premiere Pro CS5 or greater for video editing purposes.

Matt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2012 2:20 PM   in reply to mattintexas

I'm not aware of PP having any control surface support.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

I'm not aware of PP having any control surface support.

Which is a major PITA!    C'mon Adobe, lots of other people support control surfaces.... why can't you ?    My mouse is not ideal as an audio fader!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 8:14 PM   in reply to ExactImage

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to mattintexas

I worked on the Avid Artist support in Audition.

Probably the way people got it to work in CS5 is that they mapped certain actions on the Artist Transport to current keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro.  If that is the case, then that workflow should still work.

The support in Audition fully uses the Eucon API from Avid where we can actually show timcode on the Transport and other information (like markers).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to mattintexas

Well, that's true BUT there is a large touchscreen display and motorized faders.

I'm wondering how does the jog wheel get mapped?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 11:59 AM   in reply to John T Smith

John T Smith wrote:

Go here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform to tell Adobe what you want

This ^^^

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 2:10 PM   in reply to ExactImage

Yes. Unfortunately, no control surface support for PPro, any version. I resolve the mouse limitations, adding a Wacon like device, and with a "pen" on the hand we can do more and faster , of course after a tiring, tedious and desanimante time to adapt to the device's stylus type !!!

There is a good device from Genius "6 and 8 inches " i think, and another from C3Tech. But is not match for superior quality/performance from Wacom.

After the adptation period , you see thate is very better than mouse only operation.

But in fact, is that  all audio  treatments id very best done in AA CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 2:13 PM   in reply to Charles VW

After a long setup process, is possivle to work with AA CS6 and the new control surfaces from Avid , like Fusion. I boigth a 56 fader unit , and work flawllesly in AA and Nuendo5 / 6.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points