Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is the best upgrade path from LiveCycle Designer 8.0?

Level 1

Back in June 2010, I developed a website for a client which included some interactive forms created with LiveCycle Designer 8.0 (came with Adobe CS3.) He recently brought to my attention the fact that the data filled in by his customers on the forms does not display in PDF docs on his iPhone or Android smartphone (the PDFs and filled-in data display fine via desktop browsers.) Can anyone suggest the best (least expensive, least painful... I don't want to rewrite his site in HTML5) solution? E.g., upgrade my LiveCycle Designer 8.0 version and reinstall the forms on his site? Would that be to Acrobat X Pro? Does a second set of forms need to be created for mobile format? Suggestions would be appreciated. Here is his web page with links to the existing 3 forms. Thanks. -Bob C.

3 Replies

Level 10

I believe the problem is the PDF Viewer which is used on iOS/Android.

An Upgrade to LDC ES3 won't fix that problem but is still recommended.

It's just a matter of time until the mobile Reader has a better support of forms.

Level 1

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. Since my post, I noticed that Adobe offers free apps for iOS and android devices "to view and work with PDF files." Called: Adobe Reader X for mobile. Any idea whether these apps would resolve the issue described above? (Filled-in data on forms created on desktops not displaying on mobile devices?) Unfortunately, I don't have an android device to test with and my iPhone hardware is not current enough to load the ios app. -Thank you.

Level 10

I'm not an Adobe emplyoee, so I cannot say when a application get's new feature in the near future.

You may check the related forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/ios to ask the question there.