Skip navigation
Frog Boy
Currently Being Moderated

Color shift from one monitor to the next (CS5)

Aug 24, 2012 1:52 PM

Tags: #cs5 #color

I'm having a strong color shift in Photoshop going from one monitor to another. It's not a calibration issue because the color shift persists when I drag the window from one to another until I do something with the window, then it will shift (i.e. not exactly when I move the window). I'm essentially experiencing the problem described here, only I'm on Photoshop CS5 and his solution doesn't apply because that option is not available.

Windows 7 64bit

Photoshop CS 5 (12.1 x64)

Capture.PNG

Note the color change, one part of that image is on one monitor, and the other part on the other. (The left is the correct color fwiw.)

I'm guessing there's just some setting somewhere I can toggle?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 24, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to Frog Boy

Dont worry aobut it. What you are seeing is the image being rendered for one monitor as you are trying to view it on another. You have two separate monitor color spaces and one file color space. What you are seeing is the wrong monitor profile rendered to the image.

Make sure both of your monitors are calibrated and get some work done.  Color accuracy is not important.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Frog Boy

My dog has fleas.

The solution was to get rid of the dog.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to Frog Boy

That is a calibration issue - the calibrations are not quite right, and leave a bit of color cast on both displays.

Photoshop is using the profile for each display to correct the color for that display, but the calibrations are a little off, so the corrected colors don't match.

With LCD displays, this can be exaggerated with angle depenedencies of the LCDs.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 4:46 PM   in reply to Frog Boy

Most applications are not color managed, and don't use the display profiles.

You don't set calibration in Photoshop - you set calibration in the OS and monitor settings, and Photoshop gets the data from the OS.

You should not have to change anything in Photoshop itself.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points