Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

Aug 15, 2012 4:00 PM

Tags: #by #cloud #customer #adobe_id #expired #remember #annual_subscription #obscured #rig_a_ma_roo #monthly_dues #redundancy #hassles #tyo

Every month since I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud, I get a message stating that my subscription to the cloud has expired? Yet, there has been no problem with Adobe taking the monthly subscription dues from out of my bank account. Then I must go thru the rig-a-ma-roo to update my account manually in order tyo restore being able to use the programs I need. And another thing, (although you might consider it to be a second question), I must enter and re-enter my Adobe ID and password to go to the next page in succession. I wouldn't mind doing so if for a security reasoning but it appears as a risk to only my redundancy? Things could run much more smoothly if per chance you could identify these hassles prior to confirming my bank account routing number?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 4:48 PM   in reply to onomonopeea

Hi John,

:

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Reading over your description I wondered the following.

- When you say you are getting a message saying that it is about to expire is this an email or some kind of notification is the software?

- Can you elaborate a little more about this rig-a-ma-roo that you have to go through to continue using the software? Maybe next time it happens describe the process here on the forums (or potentially post a screen shot)?

- Is there consistent internet connect connectivity on the machine giving this behavior

The software does confirm your subscription status every 30 days, this requires internet access and typically should occur silently in the background unless from some reason it can't connect. If it can't connect, you should get a message telling you internet connectivity is required to continue using the service (this is the grace period). The software will continue to work for 7 days in this grace period before it quits working because of not being able to confirm subscription status. I'm not sure how that fits into what you are seeing but I would like to better understand in order to help.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2012 5:30 PM   in reply to onomonopeea

Hey John,

Thanks for the additional details and explanation. For whatever reason the  screen shots didn't seem to come through. Would it be possible to try posting them again? There was an issue with some of the applications reverting into trial mode. With that issue the programs would launch in trial mode and you would have to sign in with you Adobe ID again. That sounds different than what you were seeing though with these two hyperlinks and it saying your account has expired. You gave Illustrator as an example, is the expired thing something happening with all of the CS6 applications? Is it still happening? I use Creative Cloud myself and haven't experienced what you are describing but I have heard a few other sporadic reports that sounded similar, so am wanting understand the situation and hopefully get to the underlying cause. If you wouldn't mind trying again with the screen shots I'd be much obliged.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to onomonopeea

I'm getting this constant "reverting to trial mode" that David alludes to. The 'chat' representatives are hopeless, don't even read a carefully written explaination of the problem... Acrobat wants me to reboot every time I lauch it...

What David describes, this 'grace' period of 7 days would be fine if it worked, but I'm experiencing the exact same problems almost every time I launch a program. For a small business this loss of productivity is just unacceptable and today I am considering abandoning Creative Cloud and reverting to outright software purchase.

Creative Cloud experience.jpg

If only the error message gave me a way to "contact Customer Support" without paying for a support plan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to PixatePhotography

@Pixatephotography, for the 130:11 error, please try this

Ensure you are connected to the internet

1. Close Acrobat X

2. Launch the Adobe Application Manager from either the Start menu (Win) or alias in the Applications folder (Mac)

3. Launch one of your other CS6 products on the system, like Photoshop CS6

4. In that product choose Help > Deactivate

5. Close the product

6. Relaunch that product and sign in with your Adobe ID

7. Launch Acrobat X and see if the 130:11 error is gone

Please try this, it should permanently resolve the 130:11 issue

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to onomonopeea

Hey John,

I don't know that much about the Muse software and it sounds like you are already working with others on the Muse forum on that front. I am interested in getting a better understanding regarding what is happening with this activation issue you describe getting with the all different apps. Could you try again regarding posting a screen shot?

Thanks,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 1:53 AM   in reply to David__B

Thanks David, I've tried your solution and hopefully the issue has resolved itself - only time will tell as it's been erratic. If you don't hear from me, assume it worked! John, sorry to 'hijack' your thread, but that is often the way things get resolved on forums - good luck with your subscription issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 1:59 AM   in reply to onomonopeea

Whilst I'm here, i have no idea if this would be anything to do with your Muse issue John, but I managed to lock myself out of Muse by changing my adobe ID email address (to a more useful one for my purposes). The option was there so I took it - it didn't upset anything else except Muse, but to cut a long story short I had to end up going back to my original log-in email to get Muse back.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to onomonopeea

Hi John

Thanks for posting the screen shots. It looks like the service is having diffculties connecting to our licensing server to confirm the status of your subscription. It is normal for it to do this every 30 days. At the top of the first screen shot it lists not being able to connect to the internet. This generally occurs because some setting or software (typically firewall) is blocking access.

I would suggest checking out this document when you get the chance
    http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to onomonopeea

Sounds good, thanks John. Let me know if when the time rolls around for you to renew again if you are still having difficulties.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points