• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer 11.4 and Safari

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashplayer 11.4 won't work from my Safari Browser. It works from my Firefox browser .

When I try to play a video from any website that I go to on Safari I get the same error

message that says " Blocked Plug in"  and instructs me to dowload the current version of

flashplayer. I have tried downloading and installing and reboting Flashplayer 11.4 about a dozen times but no luck.  I have an Apple Imac with 4 g of memory with

Mac OSX version 10.7.4  Lion operating system.  What do I have to do to fix this problem so I can watch my sports and other  videos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Dell,

After downloading Flash Player, you need to install the same.

Could you please see the following document: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#main-pars_heading_6

It has step-by-step instructions on installing Flash Player on Mac.

I was asking you to check in the Library folder.

In Finder, click Go and select Computer.

In the right side, you will see Library folder. Go to the Library folder and then go to Internet Plug-ins folder. If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update Flash Player. After downloading did you install Flash Player?

Could you please go to the following folder: Library/Internet Plug-ins

Do you see Flash Player.plugin there?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil.

Thanks for your reply. Not sure what you mean by the library.... I dowloaded and intalled flashplayer 11.4 over and over again and tried everything I know. It always says installation completed but when I try to

open the

flash player application it just brings me back to installation and does not open. I am totally confused.

Dell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell,

After downloading Flash Player, you need to install the same.

Could you please see the following document: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#m...

It has step-by-step instructions on installing Flash Player on Mac.

I was asking you to check in the Library folder.

In Finder, click Go and select Computer.

In the right side, you will see Library folder. Go to the Library folder and then go to Internet Plug-ins folder. If Flash Player is installed, you will see Flash Player.plugin there.

internt_plugins.PNG

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sunil,

You solved the problem Sunil. I went to the library as you suggested and cleaned out all of the old Flash Player plug-ins and reinstalled the latest plug in. It worked. Many thanks. Much appreciated as I spent many hours trying to resolve this issue. I really didn't know what Library was for. Dell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines