This page looked fine before I added some hyperlinks:
In my Muse layout, the narrow column headed "Other articles on LEAP" is actually placed to the right of the "LEAP in the News" column. The column appeared correctly on the website until added a few hyperlinks to it. The new hyperlinks work, but the column is out of place and isn't wide enough so there are too many line breaks.
Did you upload everything that was exported from Muse? This looks like a case of CSS files that are out of sync with the HTML pages. After updating to Muse 2.0 the first time you upload you need to upload everything (all the files and folders), since code gen improvements in 2.0 can alter virtually all the exported files.
If you use the new built-in FTP upload only the minimal set of altered files will be generated and uploaded. However, for the first upload (since prior uploads were done with a different FTP client) you'll want to set the "All Files" Upload option in the "File:Upload to FTP Host" dialog.
Initially I did an "Export as html" in Muse of the entire updated site and used Filezilla to upload all the files. Looking at it live, the page in question looked perfect, but I noticed I hadn't created a few links on it and went back to Muse to fix it. I then used "Export as html" again, which only generated that one corrected page. Then I dragged just that page from my local folder to my remote folder. It's then that the page broke.
How do you know Export as HTML in Muse only generated that one corrected page? By page do you mean both the .html and the .css?
Please either copy all the files or folders to the server, or use the built-in FTP client within Muse.
If you prefer to use Filezilla, then set the "Overwrite file if size differs or source file is newer" option in the Preferences under "Transfers:File Exists Action". Then copy all the files and folders exported by Muse to your site and Filezilla will take care of only actually uploading the changed files. (Note that Filezilla doesn't know enough to delete files that are no longer in use from the server, but the built-in FTP client within Muse does have that information and will delete files that were previously generated by Muse but are now no longer needed.)
I re-exported the entire site using Muse's built-in FTP client. I directed the export to a temporary test folder I had created on Go Daddy so I could make sure everything worked before making the test site the live site. Instead of getting a test site, the export became the live site. The problem with the Press page went away and is working fine. The problem now is that the Edge animation I had on these two pages isn't working:
I have to figure out how to fix these ASAP, because the first of the two pages is the one viewers first come to and they're missing an important message.
When I originally put the site together before launching it in July, it was very tricky getting the Edge files to work in Muse. Is there a different way to marry Edge with Muse now? Are there particular Edge files that need to be placed in particular folders when going live?
I got the site working.
I was able to get the Edge animation in the second page to show up (philanthropic-travel.html) using an Adobe video that Dani hosted. I think there are new features in the latest Edge that allowed me to place the Edge files differently than I did the first time I did the site in July. It's much easier to place a simple Edge file in Muse now.
The index file was much trickier, since there are four Edge animations bootstrapped into Muse. After looking over everything for a couple of hours I noticed on the remote server that the "wrapper.html" file was in the images folder. I don't know how it got there. Either I put in there mistakenly, or the Muse FTP put it in there. As soon as I moved the file in with the rest of the files, the site worked!
Europe, Middle East and Africa