Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen application on Mac Os Lion

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to develop a full screen application in AS3  / Air. This application must run on Mac Os X Lion plateform.

The fact is that when I launch the application on Lion , a start up window appear, then the application is going to full screen mode, but the launch window still appear in front of it.

This problem is for Lion only, as the application work well on Snow Leopard.

Here is the code i'am using :

Init of the app :

<s:WindowedApplication xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

showStatusBar="false"

applicationComplete="init()"

width="100%" height="100%"

>

Public function to initiate full screen

public function init():void

{    

// some stuff before, nothing to bother with full screen

this.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN; // fullscreen --

}

Any clue to bring the full screen in front or to reduce the launch window ?

regards,

Taz

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a small up, nobody has a clue about this ?

regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for delayed response.  I actually tried this out the other day for you but must have been side tracked and didn't respond.  Unfortunately, I've been unable to reproduce this using Flash Builder 4.6 with the Flex 4.6.0 sdk (which includes AIR 3.1).  Would you be willing to send me your project and build .air file so I can try your stuff out?  Feel free to email me at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I mailled you the project's install la week, please let me know if you have some issues with it,

regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

we installed the application with air 3.1. It looks ok, the lauch window stay in the background ! thanks for the help.

regards,

Taz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here, and I found the renderMode direct didnt work on my computer.

Thanks,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Can you send me (ccampbel@adobe.com) a sample project so I can try and reproduce this here?  What version of the runtime do you have installed and are you on 10.7.3?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i am usign Flex SDK 4.6 with Air 3.2 release candidate on OSX Lion 10.7.3 and i still have this problem too...

I did manage to find a workaround that work only with air 3.2 :

I wait for user mouse input before setting it to fullscreen and it works.

But i still can't make it go fullscreen automatically, it will be hidden by the app window.

One thing is weird, when i compile it in flash builder, i get this bug one time in 1000 compiles, but when it is installed as an air app on , it wont work at all.. unless i use the workaround stated earlier.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked around and was told that we can only reproduce this issue when debugging an AIR app using ADL, we were unable to reproduce this with a release version.  Is that in line with what you are experiencing?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its the other way round

When running and application with ADL ( adl Demo-app.xml ) everything works fine.

The problem is when packaging with ADT ( adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore cert.pfx -target bundle Demo.app Demo-app.xml content ).

Should I prepare a demo for you?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly forgot ... I tried workarounds with moving the window off screen but they do not work either ...

We have to ship an application in September ... any chance to have this fixed by then?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Getting a demo added to the bug report would be great.  As for a released fix by September, I don't see it happening.  However, we might be able to discover a workaround.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I have sent you a demo download URL to ccampbel@adobe.com

Cheers,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

any news on this? Any timeframe? Any workaround?

TIA,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No workarounds that I know of yet.  I just read through the bug report and it's being worked on by one of our devs for an upcoming release.  I've requested info on a workaround if one is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I know how to circumvent this issue.

Don't launch the app's bundle. Instead of that:

cd /Applications/Foo.app/Contents/MacOS/;

./Foo

If you still need to be able to launch this by double clicking a Finder's icon, wrap the stuff above w/ Automator.

A second way would be a fake mouse.

Further description: http://blog.jakota.de

Regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great this works! Thanks!

In Automator create an Application -> add "Run AppleScript"

on run {input, parameters}

set a to (path to me)

set p to POSIX path of a

do shell script p & "../Foo.app/Contents/MacOS/Foo"

return input

end run

Save the application in the same folder as Foo.app or adapt the path in the so shelll script command.

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have something to do with the environment when launching the app. Hopefully this is enough information for Adobe to fix it in a later version of the runtime... Spread the word!

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I ve just started to build mac apps for AppStore and I am facing this issue with some of my apps. Did adobe announce a solution yet? I m using 3.5 AIR SDK and still have the app window shown in front of a FULLSCREEN app.

As I m not a mac expert (the opposite is more accurate) I do not know how to make the above script work... I tried to copy it in the app Contents/MacOS/ folder with the appropriate naming, but cant make it work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone else still experiencing the above issue or have found a working solution?

Thanx in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines