• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 Mac activating problem

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac G4 OS Leopard. My hard disk died on me, and my applications were on that disk. I can't de-activate the CS on that HD. I have two other HDs on the computer, so I installed the CS on one of the extra HD but the problem is that I can't activate the CS on the extra HD. It says the serial and name don`t match. I have had my HD die on me one other time and I was able to install CS2 in a new HD and activate it, but I'm unable to activate it this time. The HD that died prompted me that the disk is not repairable so quickly save the date you need to save. I saved what I needed to, but that's all. I'm not sure I should try to re-format the HD that died and install the CS on that HD, because if it doesn't work I will have wasted a day on a useless HD. I hope someone out there can HELP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

I am sorry Imsamaze19 but your setup is very confusing.  I also am unable to refer you to our support team to work with them directly due to the age of your product.

Since you appear to have multiple hard drives, and the ability to store your files on all of these hard drives, then I would recommend we simplfy matters.  If you are facing issues with the serial number on one of your hard drive then please recover any files you need, format the hard drive, install your preferred operating system, a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide the exact error message you receive when you try to install and use the software on the new hard drive?  Are you receiving this error when trying to open the software or when installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Installation went fine, but when I want to activated the softwares it says my name and serial does not  match I called the Adobe call center (which was probably in India) but all they tell me is the same the name and serial # don`t match....I must say they are real helpful and they don`t care of us who use older versions, they said support has ended for CS2. I have CS2

installed on my laptop which I use at home if I need to work at home or change things at the clients, so I thought maybe because I cannot de-activate the software on the messed up HD it think that I have over installed the software...I don`t know I was thinking about it on the way to the studio this morning. By the way I am located in Japan so time wise we are abit off.

I just opened the PS and it again tells me to activate it right away or in 30 days (grace period)

but if I try again it probably would shut off. I will re-formate may messed up HD and see if it is usable then try to install the CS back to that HD. I will be doing that all day I suppose.

I hope you have the solution. Thanks for responding it is good to know someone is trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check the validity of the serial number yourself by registering your software on http://www.adobe.com/.  If it is registered or registers correctly this can help you determine the validity of the serial number.

If it is valid then you may have permssion issue.  What version of Mac OS 10.5 are you using?  It maybe permission related if the serial number is registered or registers successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for asking . It just says that my name and serial # don`t match,

illustrator does not even open this morning I tried PS and the activating

page came on saying the usual thing that I have a 30 day grace period if I

don`t activate right away.

I know CS2 is old but it really is the best environment for my work and for

the time being

I want to keep it that way, at least for awhile still .

I have this CS2 installed in my laptop also, is it maybe the software

thinks I have installed it into to many computers, because the on on the

messed up HD is not de-activated.

So I am planning to re formate my messed up HD and see if it is still

usable, but I am afraid it might only be temporarily and have to go through

the whole process again.

I really need help this is work and deadline don`t wait.

Thanks it is good to know Adobe cares cause your call centre was not

helpful and brushed me off, and this was a international call cause I am

located in Japan. The CS in english version so Adobe Japan said they can`t

help.

Laily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still be curious to discover if you can register the serial number or not?  Does it register successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is 10.5.8

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to check the serial number but it won`t work it says it is invalid

how can that be I have used this software for 4 years and have re-installed

a few times when the HD had to be re-formatted.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unsure Laily but if you are unable to register the serial number then I would agree that it is invalid as well.  Did you install using the disc previously or is it possible you had been provided a different installer when you initially installed it?  Either way though if you are unable to register under that serial number then you would not be able to install with that serial number either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the CS2 I have been using for 4 years with no problem, I have had

to

re-install it a few times because of HD having to be re-formatted or have

gone dead.

I have not lend it to anyone and I am the only one who uses it. A few

months ago when I re-formatted my laptop I installed the CS2 and there was

no problem. A friend mentioned she had a problem with her CS2 when she

tried it on her OS 10.5 so she used her HD with 10.4 (tiger) and it worked.

I suppose it is hard to pin point the problem. I re- formatted my HD that

had my CS2 which I could not de-activated before, i installed the CS2 and

installation goes smoothly then it prompts me with the window of the

options of activating the software. I was too scared so for the time being

I am on the 30 days grace period, at least till I get my deadlines out to

the clients. Also my CS2 is education can that be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the serial number for education versions should still be able to be registered.  Can you please private message me with the serial number and I will verify that you have identified the correct number and the serial number is invalid.

If it is invalid though I am unsure what options are available as are current versions of our software require an Intel processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

I don`t think I registered this, is is possible to use it without

registering it? If I upgrade

to intel I will have to buy the CS again cause I don`t think I can upgrade

CS2 to CS5 or

CS6 if I am not mistaken. But for the time being I am very comfortable with

the work

environment with CS2. the serial number is <Removed by moderator>

I appreciate your help, and I just pray you can help me solve this for me.

Laily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed your serial number as it is not good to share it publicly however I have send the PM to Jeff with your serial number.

he will definitely look into this and will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imsamaze19 Manish sent me over the serial number.  It does appear your CS2 serial number is valid.  If this is the case then you are likely looking at a permission issue which is affecting your ability to install.  It has been a long time since I have dealt with Creative Suite 2.  If you go to Library/Application Support/Adobe do you see an Adobe PCD and caps folder?  Also do you have any other Adobe software installed on this computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am located in Japan so it takes awhile to get back. I will go look at the application support.

I only have the CS2 and the web applications that came with it. I will be back at work in 10 hours and check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am pretty naive aren`t I. I won`t know what to do with someone`s

elses serial number... so i thought nothing of sending when told to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see Illustrator CS2 , Color, Fonts and update folder....in the

Application Support....

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims <lailymumtazi@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imsamaze19 I am sorry if you were using Creative Suite 3 or later this is where the licensing information, hence your permission issue, would be located.  I would advise to either try a newly created Administrator account or possibly logging in as Root.  Please let me know if you need additional details on how to accomplish these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to try deleting /Library/Preferences/Adobe Systems/Product_Licenses_120/ if you are able to locate that folder.  I found a very old document which referenced where the licensing information was stored for Creative Suite 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try , deleting the preferences. I think I tried that that is the

basic thing I was told to do if my software weren`t working too well. I

will try again. Do I delete the preference in my user preference folder or

the preference folder n the HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a new Administrator account or log in as Root?

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These links should help:

Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/install-or-run-applications-new.html

Enabling and using the "root" user in Mac OS X - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1528?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

I just found out that I had CS installed in my 3rd HD which I used to store

may data

and this CS WORK it runs my name and on the startup page and does not

prompt me to

activate. So why does it give me trouble with the other HD on the same

computer?

I am afraid that if this HD goes funny and I have to install the CS on it

again it might

give me the same trouble. I will try with the root and the new

administrator as you had

suggested. Can it be that I have the CS installed in one to many HDs?

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims <lailymumtazi@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines