Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Getting problems with one book

Aug 30, 2012 1:05 AM

Hi everyone. I have never experienced this before and its really holding me up.

When trying to output this one book its failing every time with a hang. But completly randomly, sometimes it gets to page 100 sometimes 125. If I watch where it hangs, I have assumed the image its trying to download at that point has a porblem, so I make it JPEG or pick something else and try again, and then it hangs at a different point.

Its just this one book, and I am at a loss how to fix it. I really need to output it too PDF.

Is there a way to establish why the programme is crashing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2012 1:50 AM   in reply to garethirwin1234

If you have the full version of Acrobat, you can join PDFs together into one PDF. I suggest you output your book in sections. Some sections will work, and others won't. If your book is 64 pages, try 1-32 then 33-64. If 1-32 doesn't work, try 1-16 and 17-32. If 17-32 doesn't work, try 17-24 and 25-32. Eventually, you will find which pages won't output, and then you can look on those pages to try to find out what is causing it. Sometimes it's a bad font or a bad image. Sometimes the document has corruption (see this link to fix minor corruption).

In the end, you may fix all the problems and get back the ability to PDF the whole document in one go, but this method may get you a PDF that you can use sooner than later.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points