• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama stitching. Is there a LR4 plug-in?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am interested in stitching 5 shots inside Fenway baseball park.  I use Lightroom, but I don't have Photoshop.   Is there a separate tool or better yet a plug in that would allow me to stitch photos together?   Any guidance on whether to edit the photos first in LR, then export each and assemble, or to start with stitching and then edit in LR?    The camera files are in RAW from a Nikon D300.

Thanks!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Hugin is an amazing and free program for stitching, however it does not do multiple exposure like PTgui Pro does

PTgui Pro does tone mapped HDR and fusion based ( much more natural looking) HDR.

I've tried both, but PTgui is just amazing -

• this shot is 9 photos stitched together using PTgui) A tripod was used as each shot was 15 seconds.
  • This shot was hand held and again stitched with PTgui
  • This shot is made up of 15 photos, 3 exposures taken (-2,0,+2) then the camera rotated 10 degrees and the proc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I haven't found any plug-in for panos so far. I export the untouched images as TIFF and stich them in either PTGui or Autopano. You'll find a couple of freeware tools on the web aswell. Also have PS CS5 but I'm not happy with it's pano functions. As I''m shooting 360x180° virtual panos the result is an equirectangular pano.

After stitching I import the result and work on the image in lightroom (sharpening, exposure or whatever). Export again and create the virtual (flash or QT) pano in pano2vr. Find results here: http://www.oliver-wendel.de/pano.html

You might work on the images in lightroom before exporting but be sure to do the same actions on all images. Otherwise blending in the pano software might not work...

When shooting a pano it' best to set your camera in M mode.

Regards

Oli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also stitch the raw images in PTGui first.

Then I do postprocessing in Lightroom.

BUT I sometimes get a little seam after optimizing my panos in Lightroom, see here: http://www.archiviz.ch/download/Bildschirminhalt_erfassen-1.jpg

Does anyone know what I do wrong ?

Kind regards

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autopano Giga (great pano software) has a LR Plugin - see http://www.kolor.com/autopano-pro-giga-comparison.html

I do not use this version, I use the plain autopano pro - work on my images and export to a watch folder then fire up APP.  But I only use LR3.6 for panos, LR4 causes me some grief with not applying the same changes to all images - which I consider a bug but Adobe considers a feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My use would be to stitch two scanned images together from a book scan of a yearbook photo (taken in 1972). I want to also fix a seam either cropping it out at the stich point or both crop and adjust the image at the stitch poiint). Any ideas?

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hugin is an amazing and free program for stitching, however it does not do multiple exposure like PTgui Pro does

PTgui Pro does tone mapped HDR and fusion based ( much more natural looking) HDR.

I've tried both, but PTgui is just amazing -

• this shot is 9 photos stitched together using PTgui) A tripod was used as each shot was 15 seconds.
  • This shot was hand held and again stitched with PTgui
  • This shot is made up of 15 photos, 3 exposures taken (-2,0,+2) then the camera rotated 10 degrees and the process repeated. It was stitched with PTgui and also fusion blended using the HDR Fusion option within PTgui.

They are not plugins, but very powerful tools for panoramics

enjoy

hamishNIVENPhotography 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Hamish. May I call you that?

Nice work.

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines