Skip navigation
Den_b7
Currently Being Moderated

Is there something wrong with my Pre9 installation?

Aug 30, 2012 9:06 AM

Tags: #installation

I have many issues with Pre9, but I'll start at the beginning. I have installed Pre9 on my iMac and have successfully created a few short "test" videos with it, but it just doesn't seem right to me. When I launch the program, after the initializing information passes, the opening screen is an empty white screen with nothing but a menu bar at the top. Is this right? It doesn't seem right to me.

Secondly, when I drag a clip onto the timeline, the timeline turns into an almost unrecognizable jumble of red & yellow lines. It's nearly impossible to place a clip where I want it.

In the past I've used Pinnacle Studio 11 on my PC and was able to easily make videos with menus without any fuss, but Pre9 has driven me nuts since converting to an iMac. Is it the program, the installation or me?

I find this program very frustrating.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Den_b7

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Den_b7

What video card do you have on your Mac?

On a PC, what you describe is usually due to the video driver. In that case, the suggestion is to go to the nVidia, or ATI/AMD Web site and then download and install the latest. IIRC, on a Mac, the updated video drivers are installed, when one updates the Mac OS. Have you updated your Mac OS from Apple's site? If not, that would be my first step.

Good luck, and wish that I knew more about Mac's.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 2:45 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Macs automatically updated everything, Bill. So if Den is connected to the internet, he/she has all of the updates for the operating system.

But version 9 also had some Adobe updates, and he/she may not have gotten those.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve,

Thank you for that info. That was what I had understood, so the OS update should also update the video driver too.

Appreciated, as I can always learn something new regarding Mac's.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points