• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 11.4.402.265 not working with Firefox Windows 7-64 bit

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't watch nfl.com video's, some Youtube video's play, some just show a black screen. When I try to right click and turn off hardware exceleration the box doesn't appear, It says "copy url" etc. Version 11.4.402.265 seems to work fine in IE but in Firefox 14 it didn't work. I even tried the beta verision of 15. Still not working.

What can I do to get this working? I use Firefox all the time for everything and I don't want to switch.

I am an IT engineer and I've been on the internet for hours trying to get this fixed. Any help? I've attached a

screen shot of what I have installed. Please help. Adobe_controle panel.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Sorry for the late reply!  You seem to have everything that is required to run Flash Player on Firefox.

I am also having difficulties understanding why you are experiencing this problem.  However, I have one more idea: can you try if the 64-bit version of Firefox, Waterfox, works better?  I have been using Waterfox since it was first released, and I have never opened Firefox again ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go to the following link and try to disable hardware acceleration? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

You need to right-click the box provided in the second step.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

I went to the link and it says that "if you don't see the movie then flash

is not installed". However in my original post I placed the screen shot of

the installed versions which shows I have it installed. When I follow the

link to install flash it won't download as the dialog box never pops up and

one of the reason's it gives is because I may have a newer version.

Below is the link they sent me. Please help me.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers

Then when I go to the link provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per your original post, I assume that Flash Player is working in Internet Explorer.

When you opened the link that I sent in Firefox, does it show that Flash Player is not installed in your machine? Did you enable JavaScript in browser. The link that you sent indicates that JavaScript is not enabled. Please see the following link. It has step-by-step info on how to enable it. You need to execute the steps ONLY in the browser where Flash Player doesn't work. In your case, Firefox. http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

The screenshots that you sent shows that Flash Player file is downloaded in your machine. Can you double-click the Flash Player plugin file and let me know what happens?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

Thank you for the quick response. I've attached a scree shot of my

installed programs, from my understanding Adobe X (marked in blue) is for

Internet Explorer and Adobe Plungin (marked in red) is for firefox.

When I went to the link you sent me in firefox it showed as Adobe flash *not

• being installed. So I was unsure what to do beacuse as per the attached

screen shot it is installed. I also have Java script enabled in Firefox,

see attached screen shot.

As requested I've attached a screen shot of my Firefox plugins.

On the part of the instructions that say, "If Flash Player is installed on

your computer, the following box displays the version of Flash Player and

your operating system. If Flash Player is not installed, an error message

is displayed." I don't see an error message nor the version that is

installed? Prior to posting this post I've unstalled, restarted, instaled

so many times with the same results. I've attached a screen shot of what

the page looks like in firefox, I don't see any animate or error.

And yes, in Internet Explorer flash works fine.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, none of the screenshots came through.

I assume the following:

-       Find Flash Player page detected that Flash Player is not installed in your machine.

-       JavaScript is enabled in Firefox.

-       You don’t see Shockwave Flash in the plug-in list. (In Firefox, click Tools > Add-ons > Plugin) Please check this again, because I can’t see the screenshot.

Where did you see Flash Player installed. Only in Control Panel you can see it. It won’t be specific to any browser.

Please give this a try again.

1. Go to the following page. http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...
  2. Save Flash Player plug-in.
  3. Go to the following page and please see the procedure to install Flash Player: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...
  4. Close all browsers and double-click the downloaded file.
  5. And, let us know at what step in you are stuck.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

Instead of attaching the screen shots in an email I'm attaching them in the post. I've pasted what I sent in the previous email, please review and let me know if you want me to try the same thing again. I mention the step it stops at as well as I show the installed versions I have on my computer. In the control panel it shows two Adobe flash 11.4.402.265 installed, one if from Internet Explorer and one in for Firefox. I don't have safari or chrome installed on my computer.

"

Sunil,

Thank you for the quick response. I've attached a scree shot of my installed programs, from my understanding Adobe X (marked in blue) is for Internet Explorer and Adobe Plungin (marked in red) is for firefox.

When I went to the link you sent me in firefox it showed as Adobe flash not being installed. So I was unsure what to do beacuse as per the attached screen shot it is installed. I also have Java script enabled in Firefox, see attached screen shot.

As requested I've attached a screen shot of my Firefox plugins.

On the part of the instructions that say, "If Flash Player is installed on your computer, the following box displays the version of Flash Player and your operating system. If Flash Player is not installed, an error message is displayed." I don't see an error message nor the version that is installed? Prior to posting this post I've unstalled, restarted, instaled so many times with the same results. I've attached a screen shot of what the page looks like in firefox, I don't see any animate or error.

And yes, in Internet Explorer flash works fine.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to your response."

Firefox_plugin_screen shot.JPGInstalled_adobeflash.JPGJavascript enabled in firefox.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed response.

I can see Flash Player 11.4 in your plug-in list. I am running short of ideas.

I will check again and let you know.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what files you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure can. I've uploaed two files:

The picture below is from

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash:

flash_directory_system32.JPG

The picture below is from C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

flash_directory_sysWOW64.JPG

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require more information.

Thanks,

-Aziz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I uploaded images of what is in those directories. Is there anymore you would like me to do?

-Aziz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply!  You seem to have everything that is required to run Flash Player on Firefox.

I am also having difficulties understanding why you are experiencing this problem.  However, I have one more idea: can you try if the 64-bit version of Firefox, Waterfox, works better?  I have been using Waterfox since it was first released, and I have never opened Firefox again ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

That worked flash seems to be working fine now in Waterfox!! Thanks.Plus it has all my bookmarks.

I never knew about Waterfox, thanks again.

64 bit all the way!!

-Aziz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"can you try if the 64-bit version of Firefox, Waterfox, works better? "  Thanks! - was using Firefox, Nightly before & kept having problems with Adobe Flash Videos not working correctly.  Firefox, Waterfox fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines