Skip navigation
Seb Adore
Currently Being Moderated

Publish Folio: only "private"

Aug 31, 2012 7:05 AM

i'm at this stage in publishing my folio in single editionhttp://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-digital-publishing-suite-single-editio n/digital-publishing-produce-content-to-prepare-to-publish-using-digit al-publishing-suite/

at 6'54'' to be precise"

when I click "publish" I only have "private", not public as choice

why ?

Do I have to go to VIewer Builder first and enter the licence serial number ? If yes; did so and anyway only got  a blank page coming ....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2012 7:11 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

For single user its only private because you will export the .zip from folio producer and submit to apple directly. App will be built in single and will be publish directly on apple server. Public/free is when you publish your content on adobe distribution server for multi folio app(only for pro and enterprise).

Yasin

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

Is your content single orientation? If it is single orientation go to folio builder and create new folio with 1 orientation selected. Orientations should match.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to Seb Adore

Seb, download below app. It'll make the process easier for you:

The link to the DPS Tips app is here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digital-publishing-suite-tips/id4361990 90?mt=8

Here’s the link that jumps straight to iTunes:

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digital-publishing-suite-tips/id4361990 90?mt=8

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to Seb Adore

Hey Seb,

I recommend reading the DPS Single Edition Overview which will also help you know more about the product : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f6032 817afa1337a03d59b-7fff.html.

Also regarding your error: go ahead and cloose publish requests in Folio Producer, it will show all you publish requests, then click on failed in front of the folio which failed to publish, please paste and translate the error message for us to check what might be the root cause of this

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

Correct. There is no other way to change actual one.

Create new folio with single/one orientation from folio builder panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Seb Adore

Seb,

You'll need to use either Folio Builder Panel or Folio Producer to look at each article in your folio to see the orientation matches the one you set for your folio. Chances are the folio was created as "dual orientation" and you only added landscape or portrait articles. This is a pretty common problem due to how we default to "dual orientation" in the new folio dialog

If this is indeed the case you are in you'll need to create a new folio and make sure to select either the portrait or landscape button in the new folio dialog, and then re-add your articles.

Hope this helps,

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points