Skip navigation
ChrisRJ
Currently Being Moderated

Copy and Paste clone and healing brush?

Sep 2, 2012 9:09 AM

Tags: #clone #healing_brush

Is it possible to copy clone stamp tool and healing brush effects from one image to another?

I.e. I edit an image in Lightroom, then work on it in Photoshop CS often using clone and healing brush tool. However, if I then change the original in Lightroom, as I often seem to do, I have to re-do all my work in Photoshop. Is there a way I can copy my Photoshop work from the old to the new image?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to ChrisRJ

Add a new empty layer above the first image which you want to clone or heal. Set the clone or heal tool to sample lower layers than the targeted layer onto which it will paint - see the Options Bar when a tool is active. After doing the clone/heal work, the layer containing the paint marks can be duplicated into other open documents with command Layer > Duplicate Layers, or it can be dragged into other open documents.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to ChrisRJ

If you mean the actual stroke as in playing back the coordinates, but eltting it operate on teh updted data, then no. For everything else conroys method would work.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 10:01 AM   in reply to ChrisRJ

I'm not familiar with CS2 and don't even know whether it has an Options Bar. However, look for Window > Options to see if there is one that just needs enabled.

Here's what it looks like for Clone Stamp Tool in CS6.

Screen shot 2012-09-02 at 17.58.41.png

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 10:11 AM   in reply to ChrisRJ

For CS2, this screen-cap might be helpful:

Healing_Tool.png

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This